Jeremy Nunns is a senior associate in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown's Construction Litigation practice. Jeremy specialises in construction law and provides advice on contentious and non-contentious aspects of construction and engineering projects, acting for employers, main contractors, sub-contractors in arbitration and litigation. He has also provided mid-project advisory work to both contractors and employers on a variety of construction related issues and disputes including claims relating to final account, delay, variations and defects.
- Acted for a major Hong Kong employer in respect of claims strategy and review of delay, disruption, variation, unforeseen ground conditions claims.
- Secondments with a large Hong Kong contractor on a significant Government tunnel project and a highway project in Hong Kong, providing mid-project legal and strategic advice, working with claims team on site to develop claims relating to delay and disruption and assisting on settlements on a number of disputed issues.
- Advised a tertiary education institution in Hong Kong on delay and prolongation claims by a contractor.
- Acted for a listed developer in Hong Kong in relation to appeals against building orders.
- Acted for a major Hong Kong contractor in arbitration proceedings against a sub-contractor regarding a significant railway project involving claims for variations, extension of time, loss and expense and unforeseen ground conditions.
- Advised a major Hong Kong employer in relation to project funding arrangements and contractual interpretation.
- Represented a tertiary education institution in Hong Kong on termination of a contractor under a contract for building and specialist refurbishment works.
- Advised a major Hong Kong developer in respect of defective building works of a contractor.
- Advised a listed company in Hong Kong in respect of defective building works of a subcontractor.
- Acted for a subcontractor in Macau on settlement matters against a main contractor.
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, PCLL
Cardiff University, LLB
- Hong Kong