Christopher Ng is an associate in the Banking & Finance practice in Mayer Brown’s Hong Kong Office. He advises banks, financial institutions and corporate borrowers on secured/unsecured domestic and cross-border financing transactions. He has experience in finance transactions ranging from syndicated/club/bilateral loans, onshore/offshore loans, green/sustainability-linked loans, acquisition financing, development/construction financing and real estate financing.
- Acted for the Hong Kong branch of a French international bank in respect of a HK$900 million bridging loan acquisition refinancing for a data centre development in Hong Kong.
- Advised a club of lenders on HK$7.2 billion term loan facilities for financing a MTR residential development by a consortium formed by several leading property developers.
- Acted for the Hong Kong branch of a Singaporean international bank as agent in respect of a HK$3.1 billion syndicated green loan refinancing for the development of a hotel, developed under a sub-lease of the Airport Authority.
- Acted for an international bank as agent in respect of HK$6 billion syndicated term and revolving green loan facilities granted to a subsidiary of a Hong Kong property developer for the purpose of financing eligible green projects of the group.
- Acted for the Hong Kong branch of a Singaporean international bank in respect of HK$2 billion equivalent sustainability-linked multicurrency term and revolving loan facilities granted to a subsidiary of a Hong Kong property developer.
- Acted for a Hong Kong bank in respect of a GBP loan refinancing secured by commercial properties in London.
- Acted for a Hong Kong bank as agent and security trustee in respect of HK$5 billion syndicated term and revolving loan facilities granted to subsidiaries of a REIT in Hong Kong for financing the general corporate funding requirements of the REIT group.
- Acted for a Hong Kong bank in respect of HK$726 million bridging loan facilities for financing the acquisition and construction costs of a redevelopment project involving multiple residential properties.
- Acted for a Hong Kong bank as offshore lender in an US$35 million and RMB 600 million onshore/offshore financing in connection with a data centre development in Shanghai, PRC.
- Advised a club of offshore lenders in respect of a SG$363.6 million, US$119.67 million and RMB 500 million onshore/offshore acquisition financing in connection with a hotel and commercial development project in Shanghai, PRC.
- Acted for a Hong Kong bank as the facility agent in respect of HK$1.598 billion and US$20 million syndicated term loan facilities secured by collateral shared with other secured parties under an intercreditor agreement
- Acted as Hong Kong counsel to a French international bank as senior and junior administrative agent and collateral agent in respect of US-based secured revolving credit facilities for financing the borrower’s purchase of inventory from time to time.
University of Cambridge, LLM
First class honours
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
First class honours
- Hong Kong