Chris Murphy focuses his law practice on general business litigation at the trial and appellate levels. Chris represents companies and their directors and officers in securities class actions and shareholder derivative actions. His practice also includes the representation of clients in connection with real property litigation, healthcare litigation, insurance litigation and other business disputes.
Chris joined Mayer Brown in 1992. Previously, he practiced with two other Los Angeles law firms. Chris also held faculty positions with La Trobe University (1972–1982) and Sydney University (1970–1971).
Sydney University, BA, with first class honors
LaTrobe University, PhD, Philosophy
UCLA School of Law, JD
Order of the Coif; Am. Jur. (Contracts); Federal Bar Association Award (Federal Courts and Procedure); UCLA Law Review
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court for the Southern District of California
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- US District Court for the Eastern District of California
- US District Court for the Central District of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- State Bar of California