Sources comment that Frank Monaco is “detail-oriented and very client focused.”Chambers
Frank Monaco is a partner in Mayer Brown’s New York office; he is a member of the Corporate & Securities practice and Insurance Industry group. His practice focuses on the following areas:
- Insurance/Reinsurance M&A. Frank represents insurers, reinsurers, and financial buyers in the purchase and sale of insurance and reinsurance companies and blocks of insurance and reinsurance business, including representing buyers and sellers in auctions and in run-off contexts.
- Insurance regulatory. Frank advises on insurance regulatory matters, including the insurance holding company act, legal investment questions, the formation and licensing of insurance companies and reinsurance companies, redomestications, insurance “doing business law” issues, acquisition of control filings, affiliate transaction filings, extraordinary dividend requests, and the insurance law aspects of the Dodd-Frank Act.
- Reserve financing and insurance linked securities. Frank represents life insurers, reinsurers and lenders in “XXX” and “AXXX” reserve financing transactions including work-out or restructuring of such transactions.
- Monoline practice. Frank represents mortgage guaranty insurers, financial guaranty insurers, and professional reinsurers of financial guaranty insurance risks, including with respect to insurance regulatory matters, reinsurance transactions, public company disclosure, formation, licensing, and policy drafting.
Frank has been ranked in Chambers USA each year since 2013 for Corporate Insurance and has been described as “highly recommended by his clients, who find him to be ‘very knowledgeable, diligent and very respectful.’ He is known in the market for life reinsurance financing work as part of a broad insurance practice.” The International Who’s Who of Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers 2014 describes him as “The ‘extremely sharp’ Frank Monaco is a ‘real specialist’ in reserve financing and insurance-linked securities transactions, and representing financial guaranty insurers and mortgage guaranty insurers. Peers describe him as a ‘client favorite’ who boasts a ‘deep’ regulatory knowledge.” Frank is also listed as an Acritas Star, where clients recommend him for his “business acumen” and his “knowledge base, responsiveness [and] practical approach to very complicated regulatory and transactional issues.”
Fordham University, JD
Trinity College, BA
- New York
- Named by Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business as a leading insurance lawyer each year since 2016 in New York. (2016-2020)