Natalia Menezes is an associate in the Intellectual Property practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown in the Rio de Janeiro office. Natalia has more than 10 years of experience in Intellectual Property law, focused on management of trademark portfolios, patents and plant variety registrations and technology agreements, including vast experience with administrative procedures of trademarks and patents before the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office (BPTO), brand strategies, due diligence procedures, copyrights, media and entertainment.
Natalia has assisted Brazilian and international clients with IP portfolio management and IP strategies, as well as protection and enforcement of these rights in Brazil. Prior to joining Tauil & Chequer, Natalia worked at top tier IP firms in both Brazil and London.
- Responsible for managing the trademark portfolio and legal matters of a global consumer goods industry leader in the Americas, Africa and Asia territories;
- Assisted local and foreign companies to acquire trademarks and settle extrajudicial agreements;
- Assisted in IP due diligences during the acquisition of Brazilian companies and new trademark and patent portfolios in Brazil;
- Provided consultancy regarding IP rights for entrepreneurs and startups;
- Assist clients with performance of international trademark clearance, coexistence agreements and prosecution of trademarks,; as well as providing risk assessment on trademark availability, use and registration;
- Assist with drafting of C&D letters, legal opinions and petitions to the BPTO (oppositions, appeals, office action responses);
- Assisted companies to request and obtain the recognition of “Highly Renowned Mark” status with the Brazilian Patent and Trademark Office;
- Advise foreign and Brazilian clients and development of strategy to enforce trademark, unfair competition, trade dress, copyright matters, patents and plant varieties;
- Advise clients regarding copyrights and entertainment law;
Getúlio Vargas Foundation (FGV/RJ), Specialization in Media Law
University of Westminster, LLM, Entertainment Law
National Institute of Industrial Property, extension course on Technology Transfer Agreements
Estacio de Sa University, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)