Ben McCosker is a counsel in Mayer Brown’s Hong Kong office and is a member of the firm’s Global Restructuring practice.
Ben represents lenders, borrowers and other stakeholders across the full spectrum of commercial and corporate restructuring/distressed debt matters. He has particular experience in complex multi-jurisdictional restructuring transactions, including the recent financial and operational restructurings of Pacific Andes/China Fishery, the Noble Group and Trinity Limited.
Ben is recognised by Chambers Global (2021) and by The Legal 500 Caribbean (2018 – 2022) as a recommended practitioner.
- Advised company management in connection with US$600 million debt restructuring.
- Advised noteholders in connection with US$5.3 billion note exchange and related scheme of arrangement.
- Advised institutional club lenders in relation to all aspects of the financial restructuring of SGX-listed Full Apex (Holdings) Limited.
FDG Electric Vehicles
- Advised provisional liquidators in relation to available restructuring options following presentation of creditor’s winding up petition.
Apollo Asset Management/Athene Holding Limited
- Advised board and sub-committees in connection with stock swap transaction leading to merger of NYSE-listed Athene Holding Limited with Apollo Asset Management, creating newly consolidated S&P 500-eligible entity valued at approximately US$29 billion.
Up Energy Development Group
- Advised the provisional liquidators in connection with the restructuring of the Hong Kong ListCo and the resumption of trading of its shares by way of parallel schemes of arrangement in Hong Kong and Bermuda.
The University of Queensland, LLB
The University of Queensland, BA, Political Science
- Australia, New South Wales
- Notable Practitioner - Restructuring and Insolvency, Hong Kong – IFLR1000 (2023)
- Rising Star - Dispute Resolution, Bermuda – The Legal 500 Caribbean (2021-2022)
- Recommended - Dispute Resolution, Bermuda – The Legal 500 Caribbean (2018-2020)