Dr. Robert Mai is a senior associate in the Corporate practice in Mayer Brown’s Frankfurt office.
He advises in particular on national and cross-border M&A and private equity transactions. His transaction experience includes private auctions, public takeovers, carve-out transactions and joint ventures as well as a broad range of industries (e.g. automotive, banking, finance, energy and real estate).
He also advises companies and their executive bodies on corporate, transformation and capital markets law (including reorganizations, corporate governance, shareholder matters, post-admission obligations as well as capital increases, corporate bonds and IPOs).
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2020, Robert worked for another renowned international law firm in Frankfurt.
Experience before joining Mayer Brown:
- Advising a global investment firm on the acquisition of a European company offering a global network of data center services.
- Advising a Canadian pension fund on the acquisition of a 32 % stake in a globally leading elevator manufacturer.
- Advising a major Austrian bank on the sale of a provider of IT services and subsequent reinvestment in the acquiring company.
- Advising an internationally active operator of private universities on the acquisition of German private universities from one of the world's largest university network operators.
- Advising an energy infrastructure and services company on the sale of its business to a globally operating construction group.
- Advising a Japanese industrial company on the acquisition of a majority stake in a German transmission manufacturer.
- Advising a German manufacturer of industrial sewing machine needles on the complete sale of the group in an auction process.
- Advising an international private equity firm on the acquisition of an international investment company.
- Advising two stock exchanges operators on their planned cross-border merger.
- Advising one of the largest German energy companies on the spin-off of one of its business units and the subsequent IPO of the split company.
- Advised an internationally leading wholesale and retail company on the acquisition of a pharmaceutical trading group.
- Advising Germany's first "bad bank" on the sale of a German bank specialized in real estate financing to an international bank.
District court, Frankfurt am Main, Second State Law Examination
Frankfurt am Main (Germany) / San Diego (USA), Legal clerkship
University of Bonn, First State Law Examination
Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg, Doctor's degree (PhD in Corporate and Capital Markets Law)
Studied law in Dresden (Germany), Lausanne (Switzerland) and Bonn (Germany)
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany