Bryan Lo is a senior associate in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown’s Banking & Finance practice. He represents various leading banks, non-bank financial institutions, corporate borrowers and security providers on cross-border secured financing transactions across multiple industries.
Bryan also represents ship owners and financial leasing companies in ship finance, leasing transactions and vessel registration matters.
Bryan is experienced in drafting and reviewing loan and security documentation, as well as giving legal advice on other banking and corporate related matters, including enforcement of loan and security documents.
- Advised a large Chinese financial leasing institution in the US$60 million sale/leaseback arrangements of eight vessels owned by subsidiaries of Nanjing Ocean Shipping Co., Ltd.
- Represented a major Chinese financial institution in relation to the financing of 15 MR product tankers chartered to a major Korean shipping group.
- Represented a leading Chinese leasing company on the acquisition of two special purpose vehicles from another major Chinese leasing company and subsequent lease and bank financing of two newbuilding containerships to a well-known European operator.
- Represented a major Chinese bank in a US$249 million term loan facility for the purchase of a 930 passengers’ cruise ship in Europe.
- Represented a major Chinese bank in a HK$980 million secured term loan facility granted to a Hong Kong listed company in the energy industry.
- Represented a major Chinese bank in a US$300 million term loan transaction advanced to one of the largest mining companies based in Australia.
- Represented a major Chinese bank in a RMB 1 billion cross-border term loan transaction advanced to a nuclear power company based in the PRC.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
Coventry University, LLB (Hons)
- Hong Kong