Corporate and Acquisition Finance
- A syndicate of PRC and international banks on the US 4 billion facility made to China Yangtze Power International (Hong Kong) Co., Limited in the acquisition of Peru’s largest electric company Luz del Sur from Sempra Energy. The deal would be the largest acquisition made by a Chinese state-owned enterprise in the Americas since 2015.
- A lender on the EUR 50 million financing facility to Dika Morocco Africa in connection with the borrower’s general corporate purposes.
- A leading PRC bank as mandated lead arranger, bookrunner and underwriter and agent on a facility to COFCO (Hong Kong) Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of COFCO Corporation, China’s largest food processing company with interests in, among others, agricultural commodities trading and agricultural products processing, to take China Agri-Industries Holdings Limited private pursuant to a scheme of arrangement.
- A syndicate of international and PRC banks on the multi-tranch and multi-currency financing to Beijing Automotive Group in connection with its acquisition of the public listed shares of a certain German automotive company.
- A leading PRC Bank as mandated lead arranger, bookrunner, agent and security agent on the US$850 million acquisition financing involving eight jurisdictions for the acquisition of all the issued shares of Sirtex Medical Limited, an Australian medical device company specializing in oncology treatment using Selective Internal Radiation Therapy (SIRT). The buyers CDH and China Grand Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Holdings Limited have jointly offered a total consideration of US$1.4 billion in cash for the acquisition. The deal was awarded "Inbound M&A Deal of the Year 2018" by Mergermarket Inaugural Australia M&A Awards and "Deal of the Year 2018: M&A" by China Business Law Journal.
Water, Power and Infrastructure
- A PRC sovereign fund on the project financing facility of RMB 1.4 billion in connection with the design, construction, financing, development, implementation, commissioning and operation of the Samarkand Tourism Centre in Uzbekistan to be used in connection with the 2022 Shanghai Cooperation Organisation Summit in Samarkand – the historic town and cross-road of Silk Route.
- A leading PRC Bank on a US 200 million facility made to Dito Telecommunity Corporation, the third largest telecommunications service provider company in the Philippines for the rollout and operation of its 4G/5G network in the Philippines.
- A syndicate of PRC and international banks in connection with five project financing facilities with an aggregate value of US$450 million to the subsidiaries of Goldwind for the development of five wind power projects with an aggregate 374.65 megawatts in Argentina, accounting for more than 40 percent of the total wind power capacity of Argentina.
- Asian Development Bank in connection with a proposed loan of approximately US$100 million to China Everbright Environmental Energy Ltd. to finance a portfolio of waste-to-energy projects in Vietnam.
- Asian Development Bank in connection with the China Water Environment Group Limited integrated river and lake rehabilitation project.
- A PRC Sovereign Fund China-Africa Fund for Industrial Cooperation Co. Ltd on a US$200 million term loan facility to China Hongqiao Group Limited in connection with the import of bauxite from the Republic of Guinea.
- A PRC Sovereign Fund China-Africa Fund for Industrial Cooperation Co. Ltd on a US$200 million equity investment in Baiyin International Investment Limited, a subsidiary of Baiyin Nonferrous Group Co., Ltd on certain platinum mining project in South Africa.
- A PRC Sovereign Fund China-Africa Fund for Industrial Cooperation Co. Ltd on a US$200 million equity investment in NFC (Mauritius) Mining Company Limited, a subsidiary of China Nonferrous Metal Mining (Group) Co., Ltd. on the development of the Dari zinc-lead mining project in Indonesia.
- Asian Development Bank as a lender for a US$200 million (and/or its RMB equivalent) multi-currency financing in connection with the expansion and improvement of water distribution in rural and semi-urban communities in the PRC. This project will support China Water Affairs Group Limited, a private sector front-runner company in the PRC's urban water sector, in expanding participation in the privatization and operation of water distribution and treatment in secondary cities across the PRC.
Export Credit Facility
- A major Chinese EPC contractor in relation to its role as concessionaire, sponsor and shareholder in tollroad projects located in Kenya.
- A syndicate of PRC and international banks in the Euro 149 million export credit facilities in connection with the renovation and asphalting of two road projects in Côte d'Ivoire.
- A syndicate of PRC banks in the Euro 75 million export credit finance in connection with a three million wheels manufacturing project in Morocco.
- Two leading PRC banks on the EUR 167 million facility made to the Republic of Benin as part of the country’s largest planned infrastructure development and the first export credit financing made by Chinese banks in support of Chinese construction companies for projects in Benin.
- A syndicate of PRC banks in an approximately US$1 billion export credit facility in connection with a highway project in Zambia.
- China Development Bank in connection with an export credit facility to Bulgaria BTC Network.
Tsinghua University, LLB
Tsinghua University, BBA