Lívia Seabra V. de Lima is an associate in the Corporate and M&A practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados at the Rio de Janeiro office. Lívia has experience on advising domestic and foreign companies in the analysis, drafting and negotiation of agreements related to the Oil & Gas industry in Brazil and West Africa. Lívia focuses her practice on matters in connection with upstream activities and has experience related to concession contracts, production sharing agreements, consortium agreements, joint operating agreements (JOA), joint bidding agreements (JBA), farm-in / farm-out agreements, assignment agreements, unitization agreements and unitization operating agreements (UOA).
Lívia advises E&P and service companies in: (i) regulatory and contractual issues involving host government E&P contracts; (ii) bid rounds promoted by the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels – ANP; (iii) due diligences related to M&A and farm-out/farm-in transactions; and (iv) general corporate and regulatory matters. Lívia works directly with the partners of Oil & Gas practice area in structuring, development and negotiation of major business transactions in the industry.
Oil & Gas
- Represented a leading agribusiness, sugar and bioenergy company in connection with regulatory matters involving ethanol plants in Brazil.
- Represented a major investment fund in regulatory and contractual due diligence in connection with upstream assets of a Brazilian E&P company.
- Advised a large Brazilian E&P company in a farm-in agreement negotiation of one of the most important onshore fields in Brazil.
- Represented major international charterer company in legal issues related to its register in Petrobras’ suppliers system – Petronect.
- Advised international ethanol producer in regulatory matters related to corporate reorganization in Brazil.
- Advised Brazilian Government in connection with unitization issues related to pre-salt areas.
- Represented several national and international oil&gas and E&P companies in connection with the qualification and bidding for exploratory blocks in ANP Bid Rounds.
- Advised international oil&gas companies in due diligences in connection with upstream divestment assets of Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras.
- Represented oil supermajor in unprecedented regulatory matters arising from defaulting issues of an onshore block in Brazil.
- Advised oil supermajor in connection with termination regulatory matters of the PSC and JOA of two blocks in Angola.
- Represented international E&P company in a farm-out of its participating interest and operatorship of two offshore blocks on Espirito Santo Basin.
- Represented major drilling services provider in a dispute related to equipment issues in connection with drilling operations of blocks in Campos and Espirito Santo Basins.
- Represented a global aluminium group in the implementation of a leading LNG project in connection with the supply of the world's largest alumina refinery.
- Represented China’s NOC in the negotiation of agreements related to the operations in pre-salt area of Libra, in Brazil.
- Represented major E&P company in the legal due diligence, analysis and negotiations of relevant transaction documents in connection with the potential acquisition of key offshore E&P and downstream assets from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. – Petrobras.
- Assisted oil supermajor in legal possibilities in connection with Transfer of Rights assets in Brazil.
Corporate and M&A
- Advised a Brazilian chemical industry on its biggest capitalization process and intercompany loan.
- Represented national energy company in corporate and regulatory structuring in connection with fuel supply activities in Espirito Santo state.
- Assisted an Italian infrastructure group and its Brazilian subsidiary with due diligence related to contractual, regulatory and corporate issues in connection with potential road assets acquisition in Brazil.
Faculdade de Direito de Vitória(FDV), Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent)
- Member, Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), 2014.