Heng Li is a senior associate of JSM. Her practice focuses on product regulatory law.
Heng assists clients on Chinese product regulatory issues in the filed of chemicals, food, food contact materials, cosmetics, personal protective equipments, medical devices, radioactivity, etc.. She also has extensive experiences in EU product regulatory issues with regard to REACH, CLP, RoHS, WEEE and radioactivity. Heng is involved in the Mayer Brown Global Chemical Management programme and in charge of the monitoring of developments on chemicals control at the international level and in Asia.
Prior to relocating to Beijing office, Heng worked at the Product Regulatory team of Mayer Brown LLP's Brussels office between 2011 and 2013. Before joining Mayer Brown LLP, she studied European law at Université Aix-Marseille III in France and completed internships in law firms in Paris and Brussels. She also had a PRC law degree and did internships in Chinese law firms.
- Acting for a leading Chinese manufacturer of rubber additives in the registration, evaluation and enforcement procedures under EU REACH and CLP.
- Advising a leading global manufacturer of high-tech aerospace products on regulatory issues arising from the requirements on substances in articles under EU REACH and on supply chain management.
- Advising a leading global chemicals manufacturer on the EU harmonised classification procedure under CLP and on the hazardous chemicals management and government investigation process in China.
- Acting for an international fragrance industry association in local Chinese industry associations and assisted its lobbying with various Chinese government authorities.
- Advising a leading global pharmaceutical company on new chemicals management in China and chemicals management in South Korea.
- Advising a leading global machinery manufacturer on regulatory issues arising from the disclosure of chemicals in products.
- Advising a consortium of global tobacco manufacturers on chemicals management in Asia.
- Advising a leading global manufacturer of food packaging materials on regulatory issues in China arising from the safety requirements for packaging materials and the handling of urgent food safety cases in China such as food recall.
- Advising a conglomerate on luxurious goods on the regulatory issues arising from the importation of cosmetic products into China and the relevant registration process with the CFDA.
- Advising a global leading finance and media company on carbon trading, RoHS and WEEE in China.
- Advising a global leading media company on the feasibility of multiple media initiatives in China.
Université Paul Cézanne Aix-Marseille III, LLM
University of Political Science and Law of Southwest of China, LLB
- Brussels, Belgium (B List)
- People's Republic of China
- Highly recommended lawyer, LEGALBAND 2015 China 30 Under 30 – LEGALBAND (2015)