Admitted to the Paris Bar and as a Chinese qualified lawyer, Guimei Li is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of the Paris office.
Guimei focuses on leveraged buy outs in a large variety of financial sectors and industries and on mergers & acquisitions (public and private companies). She also advises management teams on the structuring/restructuring of their management incentives in connection with those transactions.
In particular, Guimei advises the Chinese public and private enterprise groups for the completion of their investment projects in France. She also focuses on French and multinational companies’ investment projects in China.
She also provides advice in the context of the implementation of shareholding plans (FCPE/PEE) in France and abroad.
Guimei is member of the Chinese delegation of G20YEA Alliance of Young Entrepreneurs.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Guimei worked in the Paris office of another law firm, gaining experience in advising the Chinese clients for their investments projects in France.
In addition to her native Chinese, Guimei is fluent in French and English.
- Advised private equity fund Eurazeo on its acquisition of Nova GRAPE Hospitality Group, a group of hotel properties and businesses held by Accor and other real estate investment funds.
- Advised Fosun Pharma, an investment company listed on the Hong Kong and Shanghai stock markets, on the acquisition of a majority stake in Tridem Pharma, a company specialized in the distribution of pharmaceutical products in Africa.
- Advised a group of individuals on the sale of a 28.000 m² building located Place Vendôme in Paris, for offices and commercial use, from Norges Bank Investment Management (NBIM).
- Advised Onet’s managers in the context of a minority share acquisition in Holding Reinier, a holding company controlling Onet, a leading international group of engineering and diversified services, along with the private equity fund EMZ .
- Advised the management of the SMCP Group, an affordable luxury fashion brand, in connection with its sale to the Chinese group Shandong Ruyi Technology.
- Advised the real estate and investment fund Colony Capital on the acquisition of a portfolio of mortgage-backed securities from an international bank and restructuring of each.
Northwest University (China), BA in Law
University Montesquieu Bordeaux IV, Master 1 and 2 in Business Law