James Lewis is a senior associate in the Hong Kong office of Mayer Brown. James has experience in contentious and non-contentious construction matters and international arbitration. He has provided mid-project advice to both contractors and employers on a variety of construction related issues, and assisted with a number of construction disputes including claims relating to delay, variations and defects. He has acted for clients in international arbitrations seated both in Hong Kong and Singapore.
- Advising a Hong Kong developer regarding defects on a project in the PRC.
- Acting for a Hong Kong developer against an international contractor in a Hong Kong domestic arbitration (HKIAC Domestic Rules) involving final account claims.
- Secondment with major Hong Kong contractor on a high-profile strategic Government infrastructure project in Hong Kong; Advising, coordinating claims team and strategy, in-house legal work.
- Acting for a multinational corporation against an international developer in an international arbitration seated in Singapore (SIAC Rules) regarding a landmark project in Singapore.
- Advising multinational specialist steel contractor on tender for unique construction project in Macau.
- Acting for an international contractor against the Hong Kong Government in an arbitration seated in Hong Kong (HKIAC Rules) regarding a major infrastructure project.
- Acting for a Taiwanese sub-contractor against a Singaporean main contractor employed by the Russian Government in an international arbitration seated in Hong Kong (ICC Rules).
- Hong Kong