Mabel Leung is a counsel of Mayer Brown. Mabel is regularly involved in the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements, joint ventures, letters of intent, franchise agreements and hotel management and related agreements for luxury hotels and lodging facilities in Hong Kong and the region. Mabel speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Acted for Swire Properties in the disposal to Mapletree of the holding company of the retail mall in Hong Kong known as Festival Walk, including transfer of staff and provision of IT, accounting and other support services, for a consideration exceeding US$2 billion.
- Acted for Swire Properties in the sale of 50% of the holding company of PCCW Tower, a Grade A office building in Hong Kong.
- Advising the Airport Authority of Hong Kong and HKSAR Government on the joint venture agreements, management agreements and related documents in respect of Asia-World Expo, the 100,000 square metre International Exhibition Centre.
- Negotiating sale and purchase agreements in relation to disposals of property holding companies.
- Advising HKSAR Government on various matters in relation to the Cyberport project.
- Preparing the standard form of intra-group hotel management agreement in respect of hotels developed by a global investment manager and a private equity firm.
- Negotiating hotel management agreements with Mandarin Oriental brand.
- Negotiations with Starwood on hotel management contract for Sheraton Hotel in Guangzhou.
- Advising on hotel management contract for W Hotel and Serviced Suite Hotel in Kowloon Station.
- Advising on hotel management agreements with Carlson Hotels Asia Pacific Pty Limited for a five-star luxury hotel - Regent Hotel in Ningbo.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
King's College London, LLB
- Hong Kong