"extremely clever, great economic understanding" (competitor)JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
Julian Lemor is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Corporate practice. He heads the firm’s German Corporate practice as well as the Private Equity Group. Julian advises on civil and corporate law, in particular regarding national and international M&A and Private Equity transactions as well as joint ventures. He has extensive experience advising on the incorporation, merging, and restructuring of companies and in handling complex real estate transactions. Furthermore, he advises family-owned enterprises on corporate restructuring and succession as well as institutional investors and financial services providers on corporate governance and compliance matters.
In addition to his qualification as a lawyer, Julian is admitted and appointed as a German civil law notary with official residence in Frankfurt am Main.
Before joining Mayer Brown in 2016, he was the leader of the Corporate department of another international law firm.
Appointment as Civil Law Notary, Frankfurt, 2011
Doctor’s degree (PhD in political science and history), University of Speyer, 2003
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Hesse, 1998
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Higher District Court Frankfurt, District Court Hanau, 1995–1998
First State Law Examination, Hesse, 1995
Universities of Paris, Münster, Saarbrücken and Frankfurt, 1990-1994
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- "Recommended lawyer“"in the areas of Corporate, M&A as well as Private Equity (transactions) – Legal 500 Deutschland 2018
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the areas of Corporate, M&A as well as Private-Equity-Transactions (Mid-Cap) – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "outstanding knowledge, extremely good language skills in French/English" (competitor) – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "Market Leader" – IFLR 1000 2018
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the areas of M&A and Private Equity Transactions (Mid-Cap) – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- "Transaction specialist with great private equity practice and notary practice" – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- "successful M&A and private equity specialist" – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- "extremely clever, great economic understanding" (competitor) – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- Best Lawyers® (Handelsblatt), continously listed for Private Equity, Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law since 2012