Randall Lee is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice in Mayer Brown's Singapore office.
Randall’s main areas of practice comprise general corporate, M&A, corporate restructuring, sanctions and regulatory advisory work, employment law, as well as corporate secretarial matters.
He has experience in advising on, drafting, reviewing as well as negotiating, share sale and purchase agreements, business asset sale and purchase agreements, transnational collaboration agreements, shareholder agreements, as well as fund management agreements. Randall’s experience includes advising major multinational corporations in the energy, infrastructure, shipping, logistics, e-commerce and biomedical sectors.
Randall was previously seconded to a multinational integrated energy supermajor and has developed a deep understanding of clients’ needs and culture in a business context.
He is fluent in English and Mandarin, both written and spoken.
- Advised a globally renowned Japanese conglomerate on its US$85 million investment in various Singapore-incorporated ship holding companies.
- Acted for a European multinational integrated energy major on its US$5.5 million acquisition of a New Zealand-based importer and distributor of lubricants and special fluids.
- Acted as Singapore counsel for NASDAQ-listed Tapestry Inc. in a multi-jurisdictional transaction that involved subsidiary entities purchasing assets and acquiring leases from their third-party distributors in Singapore, Malaysia, and Australia.
- Acted as Singapore counsel for China Titanium Resources Holdings Ltd. in its US$25 million investment in the Orokolo Bay Industrial Sands Project in Papua New Guinea.
- Acted as offeree’s counsel for JK Global Capital Pte. Ltd. on its S$383.98 million voluntary cash offer for the then SGX-listed Global Premium Hotels Limited.
- Acted as Singapore counsel on a cross-border investment, valued at US$382.5 million, in a major global luxury hotel operations and management services group.
- Advised on a joint venture between Jollibee Foods Corporation and a Singaporean-based food and beverage company, to own and operate, through a wholly-owned subsidiary, the first Jollibee store in Europe.
- Acting for a Taiwanese shipping joint venture on their proposed investment in a Singapore-based freight forwarder and logistics company.
- Acted for a major Chinese online travel services provider on the proposed acquisition of a leading regional online travel and ticketing agency with multiple group entities throughout South-East Asia.
- Advised on the acquisition of an electric vehicles charging business in Singapore, including advising on asset transfer documentation, fulfilment of conditions precedent and closing obligations.
- Advised a major Chinese construction group in relation to due diligence on their Singapore group entities for the purposes of a listing on the Shanghai Stock Exchange.
- Advised a leading Chinese petrochemicals group, on a retainer basis, in relation to various corporate and commercial matters, which included reviews of trade finance facility and security documents, ISDA documentation.
- Advised a commodities trading firm, on a retainer basis, in relation to its commercial arrangements, which included reviews of brokerage agreements and trading software services agreements.
- Advised a leading multinational oilfield services conglomerate on a geopolitical risk mapping and mitigation exercise, including strategic analyses of current and potential global trade restrictions and sanctions.
- Advised a multinational food processing and commodities trading corporation on regulatory compliance matters relating to its trading of commodity and foreign exchange derivatives.
- Advised a leading Japanese trading house on regulatory compliance matters relating to derivatives trading arrangements and on matters relating to the taking of security for its commodity transactions.
- Advised multiple clients on their intended issuance of cryptographic tokens, which included issuing legal opinions on whether the tokens constitute securities under Singapore law.
- Advised a leading global European aerospace corporation on the Singapore aspects of regulatory matters relating to whistleblowing protocols.
- Advised a leading multinational automaker group on the Singapore aspects of a global implementation of their whistleblowing policy.
University of Bristol, LLB
Second Upper Honours
- Member, Law Society of Singapore, 2017 – Present
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law, 2017 - Present