Minerva Lee advises insurers on Directors' & Officers' Liability, Professional Indemnity Insurance and other financial lines products. She defends solicitors insured under the Hong Kong Solicitors Indemnity Scheme, and insurance intermediaries and other professionals in professional negligence claims. She also works with financial institutions to advise on insurance premium financing matters.
- Acted for solicitors in High Court proceedings for alleged breach of duty of care and fiduciary duties in conveyancing, civil and commercial disputes.
- Successfully defended solicitor in wasted costs proceedings brought by another party.
- Advised and defended insurance agents and brokers in High Court proceedings, Insurance Authority investigations in relation to allegations of breach of duties, mis-selling, non-compliance with MPFSO, IO and other conduct requirements.
- Acted as coverage and monitoring counsel in foreign proceedings about tortious interference of directorship and consultancy contract in a multi-billion-dollar international resorts acquisition project.
- Acted as coverage and monitoring counsel for excess insurer in a multi-billion-dollar professional indemnity claim against a lead design consultant in a large construction project.
- Acted as coverage and monitoring counsel for insurers in various complex regulatory proceedings against directors
- Advised banks on insurance premium financing and MPSO trust issues to facilitate onboarding of life insurance policies
- Hong Kong