Felicia Lee is a counsel of Mayer Brown. Felicia has experience advising on construction disputes, including claims arising from construction defects, plant and equipment, delays to completion, and variations. She has assisted in drafting construction project documentation. She has also advised on rating issues, work safety issues, and damage to underground cables and acted for owners in rating appeals.
- Acting for MTRCL in the Commission of Inquiry into the Construction Works at and near the Hung Hom Station Extension under the Shatin to Central Link Project.
- Acted for various Government departments in various arbitration proceedings involving claims in relation to bills of quantities, time related issues and loss and expense claims.
- Acted for a contractor in an international arbitration against a developer of a residential project in Macau involving disputes on claims for extensions of time, loss and expense, liquidated damages, defect rectification costs and other final account disputes.
- Advised a statutory entity on the drafting of tender and contract documentation for public developments in Kai Tak.
- Drafted construction project documentation and project management agreements for major commercial/retail/residential projects.
- Advised a statutory entity on tendering issues and bid challenge under the WTO Government Procurement Agreement.
- Represented a specialist contractor in multi-site construction dispute regarding assessment of final account and liability for defects.
- Acted for The Hong Kong Housing Authority in arbitration proceedings against contractors on various projects.
- Advised on and defended various Building Department's and Labour Department's prosecutions in relation to accidents at construction sites.
- Advised on and conduct of a death inquest in relation to a fatal accident arising from the fabrication of steel cages.
- Defended employer and main contractors in various Magistrate's Court proceedings concerning work safety.
- Acted for Hongkong Electric in a landmark rating appeal case before the Lands Tribunal and subsequently to the Court of Final Appeal.
- Acted for Hongkong Electric in relation to damage to underground cables.
- Advised owners of major infrastructure operations and real estate developers on rating issues and appeals.
- Advised a developer on potential liability arising from inaccurate information in sales brochure.
- Acted for owner/operator of a Harbour Crossing Tunnel in Hong Kong in arbitration proceedings against the Transport Department of Hong Kong SAR Government relating to the Operation and Management Agreement.
- Represented the Real Estate Developers Association of Hong Kong in judicial review proceedings challenging amendments to four Outline Zoning Plans introducing building height and other restrictions, and in separate judicial review proceedings in challenging the Building Authority’s proof of ownership requirement.
- Advised and acted for a major contractor in UK in an adjudication proceeding involving time related issues and loss and expense claims.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB and BSS (Government & Laws)
The University of Hong Kong, Master of Laws, Arbitration and Dispute Resolution
- England and Wales
- Hong Kong
- Member, The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Member, The Society of Construction Law Hong Kong
- Member, The Lighthouse Club
- Judge of General Rounds of Red Cross International Humanitarian Law Moot (Asia-Pacific Region), 2013 to 2018
- Next Generation Lawyer, Construction (Hong Kong) – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2017 and 2018)
- LMG Rising Star – Expert Guides (2015)