Maximilian Kücking is an associate in the Intellectual Property Practice Group at Mayer Brown's Düsseldorf office. He advises national and international clients on intellectual property law, including in particular patent and technology related matters. He also advises clients on national and multinational prosecution and enforcement of trademarks and designs.
Maximilian studied law at the Humboldt-University of Berlin with an early focus on intellectual property law.
He completed his legal clerkship in Mönchengladbach, Düsseldorf and Tokyo. During his stage in Düsseldorf, Maximilian worked for another international business law firm in the field of patent and utility model litigation.
- Represented Japanese consumer electronics manufacturer in multiple German patent infringement proceedings against leading smartphone manufacturers. The cases involved coordination with parallel German invalidity proceedings and U.S. litigation.
- Advised leading U.S. biopharmaceutical company on allegations of patent infringement in relation to a therapeutic antibody drug.
- Advised leading designer of semiconductors and processors regarding the infringement of patents in the field of semiconductor technology.
- Represented a Germany based manufacturer of dental solutions in multiple trademark enforcement proceedings before the District Court in Cologne and out of court.
- Advised a German association for corporate control in the healthcare sector on trademark enforcement and national and international trademark applications.
- Advised an outdoor clothing manufacturer on national and international trademark registration and management of its trademark portfolio.
- Advised a German real estate company on the national and international registration of trademarks and management of its trademark portfolio.
- Advised a German travel agency on the national and international registration of trademarks and management of its trademark portfolio.
- Advised a multinational media conglomerate on the acquisition of several publishing and media companies with a focus on anime and manga productions.
- Advised German private equity firm on the acquisition of a group of companies focused on digitization and cloud transformation in relation to IP, IT and data protection.
- Advised German private equity firm on the acquisition of a group of companies, involving providers of data center services and of software development, respectively, in relation to IP, IT and data protection.
- Advised a leading German automotive supplier and engineering company on the sale of several business divisions.
- Advised a Dutch investment fund on the acquisition of several companies focused on the development and distribution of baby and toddler products such as strollers, car seats and accessories.
Humboldt University of Berlin, Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Regional Court (Landgericht) of Mönchengladbach, Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Humboldt University of Berlin, First State Law Examination
- Member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
- Member of the Association of Intellectual Property Experts (VPP)
- Member of the German-Japanese Association of Jurists (DJJV)