Slaven Kovacevic is a senior associate in the Düsseldorf office of Mayer Brown's Corporate & Securities practice. Slaven primarily advises on national and international Corporate/M&A transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and joint ventures. Furthermore, he represents companies, financial institutions and service providers as well as private equity investors in various industries, in particular in the field of financial institutions M&A. Slaven also advises national and international clients regarding the incorporation of capital companies and general corporate and contract law. He is comprehensively experienced in the conduction and organization of complex cross-border Corporate/M&A transactions.
Slaven Kovacevic has rejoined Mayer Brown in 2016. After his first engagement with the firm in 2012 and 2013 he worked for another leading international law firm in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Advised Spearhead Integrated Marketing Communication Group, marketing and advertising leader from Beijing listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange, on the acquisition of Smaato Holding AG, the leading global real-time advertising platform for mobile publishers and app developers.
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners, a private equity funds manager focusing on mid-sized companies in Germany and the Benelux countries, on the sale of Tesch Inkasso Group, a leading medium-sized firm in the field of third party debt collection, to Lowell GFKL Group.
- Advised WEPA Group, a leading family-owned European hygiene paper producer, on its EUR 450 million offering of senior secured notes and on a EUR 125 million super senior revolving credit facility.
- Advised a leading global real estate service provider listed on the London Stock Exchange on the acquisition of a leading German real estate asset management company.
- Advised a German regional state bank on the sale of its Czech subsidiary to an international bank from Russia.
- Advised an international private equity fund on the acquisition of a financial services provider and on a subsequent add-on acquisition.
- Advised a leading global insurance company listed on the Frankfurt am Main Stock Exchange (DAX) and Dow Jones Euro Stoxx 50 regarding the acquisition of a competitor's Czech property and life insurance division.
- Advised an international private equity fund on the acquisition of an industrial producer of steel filters.
- Advised a private equity fund regarding the acquisition of a majority stake in a group active in the field of loan servicing.
- Advised an international producer of medical devices listed on the NASDAQ Stock Exchange on the acquisition of a division of a German distributor.
- Advised a private equity fund regarding the acquisition of a Vienna Stock Exchange listed international producer and distributor in the food industry.
- Advised a global real estate service provider listed on the London Stock Exchange regarding a cross-border corporate restructuring.
- Advised an international real estate investment fund regarding the formation and implementation of a European fund structure.
- Advised the Chinese subsidiary of an international group active in the field of surface and coating technology regarding its initial public offering.
- Advised a company active in the photovoltaic industry listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange regarding the incorporation of a joint venture in Germany.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Higher Regional Court Oldenburg, 2011
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Osnabrück and Hamburg (inter alia, he worked for another leading international US law firm in Hamburg, the Public Prosecutor´s Office and the District Court each of the city of Osnabrück), 2009-2011
Doctoral Study Program, Bucerius Law School, Hamburg, 2006-2009
First State Law Examination, Hamburg, 2006
University of Hamburg, 2000-2006
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Corporate law association (VGR)