“Counsel Amita Haylock, who is well-known in the market for handling IP and TMT-related disputes, is 'excellent'.”The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2019)
Amita Kaur Haylock is a counsel in the IP & TMT group of Mayer Brown in Hong Kong. Amita’s practice focuses on litigating intellectual property, competition and commercial disputes across a broad range of industries. Amita also advises on telecommunications, broadcasting and information technology matters.
Amita advises both plaintiffs and defendants in relation to a broad range of commercial and intellectual property disputes including breach of a variety of commercial contracts and licensing agreements, infringement of intellectual property rights and for breach of confidence. In the litigation context, Amita has represented clients before the Telecommunications (Competition Provisions) Appeal Board, High Court, Court of Appeal, Court of Final Appeal and Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC). Her experience also includes the representation of applicants and respondents in high-profile judicial reviews concerning broadcasting and telecommunication issues.
Amita is a strong advocate of pro-bono work and was the recipient of the Individual Gold Award at the Law Society Pro Bono and Community Service Awards 2018, in recognition of having contributed over 100 hours to pro-bono work, of which a significant portion was spent handling an arbitration case for a well-known charity.
Amita speaks English, Malay and Hindi.
University of London, Bachelor of LawsSecond Class Honours (Upper Division)
- Hong Kong
- Vice Chair (IP), Shadow Economy Task Force, The American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong
- Member of the Standing Committee for Commercialisation of IP, The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Member, Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- Member, Intellectual Property Rights Protection Alliance
- Member, Silicon Valley Arbitration & Mediation Center (SVAMC)
- Member, The Hong Kong Institute of Trade Mark Practitioners
- Individual Gold Award – in recognition of over 100 pro-bono hours - Law Society Pro Bono and Community Service Award 2018