Insurance, Commercial Insurance Disputes, Transactional Liability Insurance
Alys Jones, senior associate, defends claims against professionals and advises insurers in relation to policy coverage issues and disputes under a variety of lines of insurance.
- Defending multimillion pound unfair prejudice petition against four directors of a high profile hotel management company.
- Impact Funding Solutions Limited v AIG Europe Insurance Ltd (formerly known as Chartis Insurance (UK) Ltd)  UKSC 57#
- The appeal concerned the scope of a standard exclusion clause in solicitors’ professional indemnity insurance. By a majority of 4 to 1 the Court held that the claim by Impact Funding was excluded by the standard “trade debts” exclusion.
- Defending Insolvency Practitioners at trial in a £250m claim in relation to alleged negligent failures to rescue the Company as a going concern and/or to sell its development site at appropriate value (In the matter of One Blackfriars Ltd)
- Advising a well-known accounting firm in relation to allegations of negligence in relation to tax advice.
- Defending a claim against an offshore firm of solicitors and a professional trustee company in connection with the administration of the affairs of a number of property-holding trusts in Gibraltar.
"Alys Jones has great attention to detail in the work she does." - Legal 500: Professional Negligence
- England and Wales