Lucy L. Holifield is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice in Chicago.
Lucy represents national and multinational clients across industries in complex litigation involving individual and class actions, employment, banking and finance, and product liability matters. Her work also includes internal investigations and compliance, due diligence investigations, and complex settlements and negotiations. She has a wide range of litigation skills including deposing witnesses, managing expert and discovery teams, and drafting discovery and dispositive motions.
Her interest in law sparked while working for a federal agency where she focused on conservation and land management. Years later, Lucy received her JD, summa cum laude, from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, where she served as an Articles Editor for the Law Review. She received her BA, cum laude, with distinction in two majors, Biology and Psychology, from Hendrix College.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Lucy served for two years as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Chief Judge Brian Stacy Miller in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas. She is admitted to practice in both Arkansas and Illinois, and she is one of a few associates nationally recognized as a BTI Client Service All-Star for 2020.
- Represented non-profit organization in securing a full dismissal on summary judgment for claim of employment discrimination
- Represents financial institution in three simultaneous, multi-state putative class actions against claims for breach of contract and equitable relief relating to overdraft fees
- Represented large, multinational clients in responding to EEOC complaints and investigations
- Represented global leader in healthcare IT prosecute claims against former employees for violation of non-compete and non-solicitation agreements and for misappropriation of trade secrets
- Represented large, commercial carrier defending against multiple high stakes personal injury claims
Hendrix College, BA, cum laude with distinction
University of Arkansas at Little Rock William H. Bowen School of Law, JD, summa cum laude
Articles Editor, Little Rock Law Review
- US District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas
- US District Court for the Western District of Arkansas
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois