Melissa Hoh is a senior associate in the Banking & Finance practice in Mayer Brown's Singapore office. Melissa focuses on the area of asset finance, in particular ship finance and regularly acts for banks and financial institutions in both loan, leasing as well as sale and purchase transactions. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Melissa worked for three years in a leading international firm in the maritime sector.
- Acted for a Chinese investment group in relation to the sale of two vessels chartered to Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. to a major Chinese leasing house.
- Assisted in a US$1.5 billion facility to Seaspan Corporation where the security package involved more than thirty ships flagged under the Hong Kong flag.
- Acted for Chinese leasing houses as borrowers in their upstream financings with various banks to refinance the acquisition costs of vessels purchased in their underlying sale and leaseback transactions.
- Acted for a major Chinese leasing house across an established luxury cruise company in two sale and leaseback transactions of cruiseships.
- Acted in the K-sure backed, post-delivery financing of a floating storage regasification unit as counsel to a syndicate of Lenders in a US$191.8 million loan.
- Acted for a major Chinese leasing house in the restructuring of its existing charters to facilitate Allseas Group's first purchase of ships in 6 years following a 12 year absence from the tanker scene.
- Acted as lead counsel for China Huarong Shipping Financial Leasing Co., Ltd. in the sale and leaseback of six MR product tankers with Scorpio Tankers Inc.
- Represented a syndicate of banks in a KEXIM supported financing to China Merchants Bank Financial Leasing Co., Ltd in respect of two vessels (then the largest containerships in the world). This deal won the Marine Money Export Credit Agency Deal of the Year - East in 2019.
The London School of Economics and Political Science, LLB
- England and Wales