Christian Higham is a senior associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of the London office. He undertakes a broad range of domestic and cross-border corporate transactional work, and focuses on mergers & acquisitions and technology transactions. He has particular experience of advising clients in the insurance and fund formation & investment management industries. Christian also advises clients on company law and corporate governance matters.
Christian joined Mayer Brown in 2011 as a trainee, and has been on secondment to the Hong Kong office for six months and Zurich Insurance Company for nine months.
Private mergers and acquisitions
- Advised The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. on the $950 million sale of Chaucer International Holdings Limited, the Lloyd’s international speciality insurance business, to China Reinsurance (Group) Corporation.
- Advised Sword Soft Limited on its €120 million disposal of APAK Group Limited to Sopra Banking Software Limited.
- Advised Brookfield Property Partners, L.P. on its €2.4 billion disposal of the Gazeley logistics business to Global Logistic Properties Limited.
- Advised Assured Guaranty Ltd., the world’s leading financial guaranty insurer, on its US$347 million acquisition of MBIA UK Insurance Limited, the European operating subsidiary of MBIA Corp.
- Advised Aspen Risk Management Limited on its acquisition of the UK property and casualty insurance business of Liberty Specialty Markets.
- Advised Klesch Refining Limited on its contract to buy the Milford Haven oil refinery in Wales from Murco Petroleum Limited.
- Advised Aon UK Limited on the disposal of its shipping and offshore financial institution insurance intermediation business to BMS Group.
- Advised Brookfield Property Partners, L.P. on its acquisition of the Gazeley logistics business from Economic Zones World, part of Dubai World.
- Advised Principal Global Investors LLC on its acquisition of a majority interest in Liongate Capital Management LLP.
- Advised EU Lotto Limited on its Fortuna jackpot protection insurance and reinsurance policies.
- Advised GC Securities on SCOR SE’s Atlas Capital series.
- Advised Brit Limited on its Sussex Capital series and Versutus sidecar.
- Advised GC Securities on the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the National Flood Insurance Program’s FloodSmart series.
- Advised a significant number of investors on investments in funds established in the Cayman Islands, England and Wales, Guernsey, Ireland, Jersey, Luxembourg and the United States.
- Advised Telemos Capital Limited on the formation of a private equity fund focusing on investments in consumer goods and services, business services and healthcare services.
- Advised the Electricity Supply Pension Scheme on the £1.47 billion merger of its property portfolio with CBRE UK Property Fund LP.
- Advised Unilever Ventures Limited on the formation of a private equity/venture capital fund focusing on investments in personal care, digital marketing, digital commerce and digital efficiency sectors.
- Advised B&B Investment Partners LLP on the formation of a private equity/venture capital fund focusing on investments in health, beauty, personal care, wellness and nutrition.
- Advised Refinitiv US LLC on the global outsourcing of corporate shared services to Tata Consultancy Services Limited.
- Advised Refinitiv US LLC on the global outsourcing of data centre and applications services to Tata Consultancy Services Limited.
- Advised Refinitiv Limited on the global outsourcing of applications development and maintenance services to EPAM Systems, Inc.
- Advised Unilever Business and Marketing Support AG on the outsourcing of business process services to Genpact (UK) Limited in North America, Australia and New Zealand.
- Advised The Kraft Heinz Company on the outsourcing of supply chain management services to Genpact International, Inc. in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and the related disposal of intellectual property assets.
- Advised The Kraft Heinz Company on the outsourcing of finance and accounting business process services to Genpact International, Inc. in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Russia, India, Middle East and Africa.
- Advised Zurich Insurance Company Limited on the US$460 million outsourcing of network and telecommunications services to British Telecommunications plc in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Nottingham Law School, LLB (Hons)
Kaplan Law School, Legal Practice Course
BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
University of Durham, BA (Hons)
- England and Wales
- Recommended - Commercial Contracts (Outsourcing), Legal 500 2018.