Christian Higham is a senior associate in the Corporate practice of the London office.
He undertakes a broad range of domestic and cross-border corporate transactional work and focuses on private mergers and acquisitions, insurance transactions, private investment funds, and technology transactions. He has experience of advising clients in the agribusiness, chemicals, consumer goods, energy, entertainment, financial services, food, healthcare, insurance, investment management, life sciences, media, mining, real estate, technology and telecommunications sectors. Christian also advises clients on company law and corporate governance matters.
Christian joined Mayer Brown in 2011 as a trainee and has been on secondment to the Hong Kong office for six months and Zurich Insurance Company Ltd for nine months.
- Advised a significant number of investors on investments in funds established in the Cayman Islands, England and Wales, Guernsey, Ireland, Jersey, Luxembourg and the United States.
- Advised The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. on the $950 million sale of Chaucer International Holdings Limited, the Lloyd’s international speciality insurance business, to China Reinsurance (Group) Corporation.
- Advised Borchers (Additives) UK Limited on its acquisition of Catexel Limited, a developer of chemical catalysts, activators and accelerators, from Unilever, Unilever Ventures and certain management and minority sellers.
- Advised PS Administration Limited on its acquisition of the pension services support business carried on by Kier Business Services Limited.
- Advised Sword Soft Limited on its €120 million disposal of APAK Group Limited to Sopra Banking Software Limited.
- Advised First Base Limited, Macquarie Capital and Chelsfield Properties Limited on its disposal of The Silvertown Partnership LLP to a joint venture vehicle established by Lendlease and Starwood Capital.
- Advised AK Medical, the world’s largest 3D-printed orthopaedic implant manufacturers, on its acquisition of JRI Orthopaedics Limited.
- Advised Brookfield Property Partners, L.P. on its €2.4 billion disposal of the Gazeley logistics business to Global Logistic Properties Limited.
- Advised Telemos Capital Limited on the formation of a private equity fund focusing on investments in consumer goods and services, business services and healthcare services.
- Advised The Kraft Heinz Company on the outsourcing of supply chain management services to Genpact International, Inc. in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and the related disposal of certain intellectual property assets.
- Advised EU Lotto Limited on its four-layer €120 million jackpot protection insurance and reinsurance policies and subsequent novation of such policies to Fortuna Insurance PCC Limited.
- Advised Ho Bee Land Limited on its £129 million acquisition of 67 Lombard Street, London.
- Advised Assured Guaranty Ltd., the world’s leading financial guaranty insurer, on its US$347 million acquisition of MBIA UK Insurance Limited, the European operating subsidiary of MBIA Corp.
- Advised the Electricity Supply Pension Scheme on the £1.47 billion merger of its property portfolio with CBRE UK Property Fund LP.
- Advised EU Lotto Limited on its four-layer €100 million jackpot protection insurance and reinsurance policies.
- Advised Aspen Risk Management Limited on its acquisition of the UK property and casualty insurance business of Liberty Specialty Markets.
- Advised The Kraft Heinz Company on the outsourcing of finance and accounting business process services to Genpact International, Inc. in Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Russia, India, Middle East and Africa.
- Advised Unilever Ventures Limited on the formation of a private equity/venture capital fund focusing on investments in personal care, digital marketing, digital commerce and digital efficiency sectors.
- Advised Gaw Capital Partners on the acquisition of 123 Buckingham Palace Road, Victoria, SW1 on behalf of a consortium of investors.
- Advised Sinarmas Land Limited on its acquisition of the Alphabeta Building, Finsbury Square, London.
- Advised Zurich Insurance Company Limited on the US$460 million outsourcing of network and telecommunications services to British Telecommunications plc in North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
- Advised Klesch Refining Limited on its contract to buy the Milford Haven oil refinery in Wales from Murco Petroleum Limited.
- Advised Drive Medical Limited on its acquisition of the Days Capital equipment business from Patterson Medical Limited.
- Advised B&B Investment Partners LLP on the formation of a private equity/venture capital fund focussing on investments in health, beauty, personal care, wellness and nutrition.
- Advised Brookfield Property Partners, L.P. on its acquisition of the Gazeley logistics business from Economic Zones World, part of Dubai World.
- Advised Principal Global Investors LLC on its acquisition of a majority interest in Liongate Capital Management LLP.
- Advised Crosstree Real Estate Partners LLP on the formation of a joint venture with Helical Bar plc and its acquisition of certain properties at London’s Old Street roundabout.
- Advised The British Land Company plc on its £129.6 million acquisition of the Clarges Estate in Mayfair.
Nottingham Law School, LLB (Hons)
Kaplan Law School, Legal Practice Course
BPP Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law
University of Durham, BA (Hons)
- England and Wales
- Recommended - Commercial Contracts (Outsourcing), Legal 500 2018.