"Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of M&AJUVE Handbook 2017/2018
Birgit Hübscher-Alt is a partner in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown’s Corporate practice. She advises private equity funds, companies and managers on all aspects of corporate law, in particular regarding international M&A and private equity transactions as well as restructurings, joint ventures and real estate transactions. Birgit has extensive experience in handling complex cross-border transactions and management participation programs. Furthermore, Birgit advises insurance companies as well as private equity funds on the entering into W&I insurances in connection with M&A transactions.
Before joining Mayer Brown in 2016, Birgit worked for another international law firm in Frankfurt.
- Represented the Steadfast Capital Fund III L.P. and AVS Management on the sale of its shares in AVS Group to funds advised by Triton.
- Represented Steadfast Capital Fund III, L.P. on the acquisition of the majority stakes in Reutter/ITIB Group. The complex cross-border acquisition comprised Reutter GmbH, based in Leutenbach, Germany, Reutter GmbH based in St. Johann im Pongau with subsidiaries in Slovakia, USA, Mexico and India as well as ITIB S.r.l., based in Paderno, Italy, with plants in Italy and Poland.
- Represented DUAL Specialty M&A GmbH with respect to the risk analysis for the underwriting of Warranties & Indemnities- and Contingent Risk Insurances.
- Represented British private equity investor STAR Capital Partners on the sale of Blohm+Voss to Lürssen shipyard.
- Represented RT Holding GmbH on sale of PAALGROUP to Kadant Inc., a US-based global supplier of high-value, critical components and engineered systems used in process industries worldwide. PAALGROUP is the leading European manufacturer of channel balers used in the processing of recyclable and waste materials.
- Represented Frankfurt based investment company VR Equitypartner GmbH on the acquisition of the majority of shares of the Norafin Group.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)Frankfurt, 2003
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)Higher District Court and District Court Frankfurt, 2001-2003
First State Law ExaminationFrankfurt, 2001 Universities of Bayreuth and Frankfurt, 1995-2001
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- "Recommended lawyer" in the area of Private Equity - Transactions – Legal 500 Deutschland 2018
- "Frequently recommended lawyer" in the area of M&A – JUVE Handbook 2017/2018
- "Recommended lawyer" in the areas of Corporate and M&A as well as Private Equity – Transactions – Legal 500 Deutschland 2017
- "strong ties to the insurance industry" – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017
- "extremely good service, in particular with regard to time sensitive matters" (client) – JUVE Handbook 2016/2017