Joseph Hawkins is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office and a member of the Banking & Finance practice. He concentrates his practice in Private Credit, Latin America financings and Receivables & Supply Chain Finance.
Joseph received his JD from Northwestern University, his BA from Baylor University, magna cum laude, and his MA from The American University in Cairo. While in law school, Joseph worked in the Donald Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center with companies in industries from healthcare to entertainment media. He received the Northwestern Pritzker Entrepreneurship Prize, an award given to a student who “most exemplifies Northwestern Law’s spirit of innovation, entrepreneurial drive, and integrity.”
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Joseph worked as the high school principal of an international school in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Represented Credit Suisse as arranger, and also DEG and Proparco as investors, in a $100 million future flow securitization by Nicaragua bank Banco Lafise of DPRs.
- Represented Credit Suisse in connection with the establishment of a DPR Program for Banco de la Producción S.A. The transaction included two series, a US$50million series and a US$40 million series.
- Represented Global Bank Corporation in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S tap offering of its existing 4.25% US$300 million notes.
- Represented noteholders in connection with the private placement of $415 million of senior secured notes by Sociedad Concesionaria Operadora Aeroportuaria Internacional S.A. –OPAIN, S.A., proceeds of which were used to re-finance El Dorado International Airport in Bogotá, Colombia.
- Represented Agilethought, Inc., a mobile application and software consulting firm, and its subsidiaries with respect to amendments as a result of the company’s merger with AN Global.
- Represented private credit fund in its $90 million debt and equity financing of an international design and fabrics company.
- Represented Fintech company Greensill Capital in its $400 million receivables financing of a Silicon-Valley based building design and manufacturing company.
- Represented multiple independent creators and artists with copyright, trademark and general corporate issues, through a pro bono partnership with Chicago-based Lawyers for the Creative Arts.
Baylor University, BA, magna cum laude
The American University in Cairo, MA
Northwestern University, JD
Senior Editor, Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business