Charles Guo is an associate in the Singapore office of Mayer Brown’s Global Projects practice, with a focus on LNG projects and transactions.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Charles was an associate in the Corporate/M&A practice of one of Singapore’s “Big Four” law firms where he advised on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general corporate matters. Before becoming a lawyer, he was an engineering product manager at the Silicon Valley headquarters of one of the world’s largest enterprise software companies.
Charles is currently advising H-Energy on the procurement of an FSRU for its LNG import project on the West Coast of India and advising a Japanese confidential client on JVAs for LNG import projects in Vietnam.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Advised a private equity fund in connection with its approximately S$100 million acquisition of a majority stake in a restaurant chain with operations in South East Asia.
- Advised an agricultural company in connection with its approximately S$50 million disposal of its Papua New Guinea-incorporated subsidiary.
- Advised the shareholders of a healthcare services group in connection with the disposal of their majority stake in such group to a private equity fund for S$60 million.
- Advised a private client in its acquisition of an oil trading group for an undisclosed amount.
- Advised an Austrian packaging manufacturer in connection with the sale of its labels division in excess of €1.15 billion.
- Advised a global casino and resort operator in connection with its S$4.5 billion expansion of its integrated resort in Southeast Asia.
Technology and Commercial
- Advised (on a retainer basis) a global home automation device manufacturer in connection with its various supplier and services agreements.
Singapore Management University, JD
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, SM, Operations Research
Stanford University, MS, Management Science & Engineering
Cornell University, BEng, Electrical & Computer Engineering
- New York