Elmar Günther is counsel in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Real Estate practice. In particular, he advises domestic and foreign institutional investors and banks on real estate investments as well as about ongoing asset management. He primarily focuses on property acquisition law and real estate law, on commercial lease law as well as on public building and planning law.
Elmar further deepened his knowledge and understanding of real estate industry during secondments with a bank specialized on commercial real estate financing in London and with an international real estate investment fund.
Furthermore, as a member of Mayer Brown's Private Clients, Trusts & Estates practice, Elmar advises on intricate cross-border as well as domestic matters regarding estate planning and wealth transfer for high net worth individuals and their families.
In addition to his qualification as a lawyer, Elmar is admitted and appointed as a German civil law notary with official residence in Frankfurt am Main.
- Advising BNP Paribas on the extension of the Allgäu Center Parcs in Germany.
- Advising Arminius Real Estate Opportunity Fund I on the acquisition and its financing of a portfolio of commercial mortgage backed property loans totalling a value of ca EUR 630 million from Deutsche Bank AG, London.
- Advising Capmark Bank Europe on various real estate finance transactions in Germany to facilitate the acquisition of a distribution centre, office and retail properties in Germany.
- Advising Internationales Immobilien-Institut on the letting of 40,000 sqm in a Leipzig property.
- Advising Lone Star on the purchase and financing of various performing and non-performing loan portfolios from international banks.
- Advising opportunistic Morgan Stanley Real Estate Funds on the divestment of several properties.
- Advising value added retail investment fund on refinancing several real properties worth EUR 42 million.
Notarial Qualification Examination, Frankfurt am Main/Berlin, 2013
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Frankfurt am Main, 2005
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Maîtrise en Droit mention Droit Public, Université Paris X Nanterre, France, 2001
First State Law Examination
Frankfurt am Main, 2000
University of Frankfurt am Main
- Notary, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- German Lawyers' Association (DAV)
- Frankfurt Lawyers' Association
- Society for real estate industry research (gif e.V.)