Celso Grisi is a partner in the Tax practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados at the São Paulo office. Celso has more than 15 years of experience in practicing Tax Litigation and providing Tax Advice and has advised major domestic and international corporations. His experience includes drafting Memorandums and Legal Opinions involving the analysis of tax merits; study and development of topics for discussing tax levying, as well as structuring investments and M&A transactions across the country. Also, Celso has secured a number of Special Tax Regimes and Tax Rulings for a variety of industries, including the Chemical and Automotive Sectors. Celso is a Judge and Vice-President of the 8th Chamber at the State of São Paulo Tribunal of Administrative Taxes, a specialized tribunal on indirect tax litigation.
Celso has published a number of articles in specialized law journals in Brazil, and has taught Corporate Tax Law at the Fundação Instituto de Administração of the University of São Paulo and Mackenzie University Law School.
University of São Paulo, LLM, International Trade Law
University of Michigan Law School, LLM, International Tax Law
Instituto Brasileiro de Direito Tributário (IBDT), Specialist in Tax Law
Fundação Instituto de Administração – USP, Specialist in Financing and Accounting
Catholic University of São Paulo - PUC/SP, Bachelor of Law (JD equivalent), Law Degree
Hague Academy of International Law, Course on International Trade
University of California, Berkeley, Orientation in the US Legal System
- Member, Consulting Board of the Brazilian Association of Financial Law (“ABDF”), related to the International Fiscal Association (“IFA”).
- Member, Scientific Board for Support of Research at the Revista de Direito Tributário Internacional (“RDTI”).
- Member of the Brazilian Institute of Tax Law (“IBDT”).
- Member, Transactional Taxation Network (“TTN”), related to the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation (“IBFD”).
- Member, Tax Committee of the International Bar Association (“IBA”).
- Member, Supervisory Board of Dedini S/A Indústrias (2012/2013).
- Member, Supervisory Board of Clealco Açúcar e Álcool S.A. (2008/2010).
- "Celso Grisi, who wins glowing praise for his business focus, dynamism and “remarkable ability to work in a multidisciplinary way." Latin Lawyer 250 2018 - Tax