Gerami Granello is a Real Estate partner in Mayer Brown’s Houston office. He represents a diverse group of clients in a broad range of real estate, finance, and corporate transactional matters. Although based in Houston, Gerami consistently represents clients in transactions all over the United States and Latin America, and is proficient in both Italian and Spanish.
Among other areas, Gerami’s practice includes:
- Representation in the acquisition, development, and disposition of raw land, retail shopping centers, industrial warehouses, office buildings, condominiums, apartment complexes, and ranches;
- Representation in the leasing of commercial office, retail, and industrial warehouse space;
- Representation in the formation of both domestic and international partnerships and joint ventures;
- Representation of property owners and tenants in connection with condemnation and eminent domain issues with various governmental authorities; and
- Representation in the granting of licenses and easements, including billboard, construction, pipeline, windmill, railroad, sanitary sewer, utility, cable/internet, public right-of-way and other private and public access easements.
Gerami joined Mayer Brown in 2003.
- Represented several domestic institutional investment companies in connection with the formation of joint ventures, the negotiation of international title insurance, and the acquisition of industrial warehouses in Mexico.
- Represented international hotel chain in connection with the acquisition and development of real property in Costa Rica.
- Represented Costa Rican beer manufacturer in connection with the importation and distribution of its product throughout the southwest region of the United States.
- Represented international grocery store tenant in connection with a building confiscation dispute with the City of Houston.
The University of Texas School of Law, JD, with honors
The University of Texas at Austin, McCombs School of Business, BBA, with high honors