Timothy Gordon is an associate in Mayer Brown's Chicago office and a member of the Corporate & Securities practice. Tim concentrates his practice on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate counseling and representation. He represents purchasers and sellers in connection with stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, and venture capital and other private equity investments. Leveraging his experience as an active M&A practitioner, he also has experience representing underwriters in issuing representation and warranty insurance.
- As part of a secondment, worked alongside underwriting team at leading M&A representation and warranty insurance provider.
- Represented First State Investments, a leading global investor in infrastructure, in its agreement with SteelRiver Infrastructure Partners, to acquire 100 percent of the equity of Patriot Rail and Ports, which operates a portfolio of 12 short line freight railroads with more than 585 track miles across 14 states in the US.
- Represented RailUSA in the acquisition of Florida Gulf & Atlantic Railroad, a 430-mile rail line, and related real estate from CSX Corporation.
- Represented MFA Financial, Inc. in connection with its preferred and minority common equity investments in a fix and flip and single family rental mortgage loan originator, in addition to other preferred and minority equity investments.
- Represented Aliaxis Group S.A. in its divestiture of Harrington Industrial Plastics, LLC, a leading US-based distributor of industrial plastic piping products.
- Represented Commvault Systems, Inc. in its acquisition of Hedvig, Inc.
Indiana University, BS, with highest distinction
Indiana University, MBA
Indiana University Maurer School of Law, JD, cum laude
Managing Editor, Indiana Law Journal