"technical," "innovative" and "thorough."Chambers UK 2014
Richard Goldstein is a partner in the Pensions group in London. He has a diverse pensions practice acting for a broad range of employers and pension schemes ranging from schemes with assets in excess of £4 billion to schemes with assets of less than £100 million. Richard advises on all aspects of pensions design and management, including drafting definitive scheme documentation for schemes, advising on legislative developments, de-risking, and negotiating agreements on behalf of trustees.
Richard also acts for a number of corporate clients on scheme issues including de-risking. He joined Mayer Brown in 2006 after 7½ years with a magic circle London firm.
Richard enters the rankings in 2014 following glowing praise from clients. Sources describe him as “technical”, innovative” and thorough”. (Chambers UK 2014)
- Advising trustees on two of the largest “buy-outs” of pension scheme liabilities in the UK, securing liabilities through bulk purchase annuities.
- Negotiating complex funding arrangements for a major trustee.
- Drafting definitive documentation for a number of pension schemes, including schemes which have closed to future accrual and schemes which have moved to future accrual on a CARE basis.
- Putting in place secured arrangements for executives.
- Advising on a number of de-risking exercises including PIE, retirement flexibility and triviality exercises.
- England and Wales
- Member of the Investment Sub-Committee of the Association of Pension Lawyers
- Fellow of the Pensions Management Institute
- Listed under 'Other key lawyers' and as a key contact (Legal 500 2020).
- Listed as a key name (Legal 500 2018).
- Richard Goldstein advises clients on the full range of scheme management and investment issues. He receives praise from clients for his innovation. (Chambers UK 2105).
- "technical," "innovative" and "thorough." (Chambers UK 2014).