Jed Glickstein is a Litigation & Dispute Resolution associate in Mayer Brown’s Chicago office, where he practices before trial and appellate courts around the country. Some of Jed’s representative matters include:
- Drafted dispositive and other motions and oversaw significant discovery in a large antitrust MDL.
- Obtained reversal of a $10+ million products liability case in Illinois court.
- Obtained affirmance of a decision dismissing RICO and other claims against client.
- Filed amicus briefs in the U.S. Supreme Court and courts of appeal concerning personal jurisdiction, Bivens remedies, ERISA, arbitration, and other topics.
- Obtained dismissal of several putative class actions challenging the assessment of overdraft fees by various banks.
- Obtained dismissal of a fraud claim by former holders of auction rate securities against an indenture trustee.
- Defeated class certification in a case by holders of several residential mortgage back securities trusts involving claims against the RMBS trustee.
Jed briefed and argued Smith v. United States, 860 F.3d 995 (7th Cir. 2017), in which he obtained a reversal of the district court’s entry of summary judgment against the firm’s client. He also has contributed to certiorari and merits briefing in several U.S. Supreme Court cases.
Jed joined Mayer Brown after clerking for Judge Joel Flaum of the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and Judge Gary Feinerman of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. While in law school, he interned at the United States Attorney’s Office and was a member of the Yale Law School Supreme Court Advocacy Clinic.
Yale Law School, JD
- Essays Editor, Yale Law Journal
Yale University, BA, magna cum laude
- US Supreme Court
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- US District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin