Stefan Glasmacher is a senior associate in the Düsseldorf office of Mayer Brown’s Corporate practice. He primarily advises on national and international Corporate/M&A transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and joint ventures, in particular with a regulatory reference. Stefan has extensive work experience combined with a variety of legal publications with a focus on foreign direct investments. He was seconded to the Mayer Brown’s Chicago office for six months in 2019.
Stefan studied law in Bonn and completed his legal traineeship in Cologne, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Lima and Washington DC with two other major international law firms. Furthermore, he is a lecturer for the German Bar Association and a former soccer referee for the German Footballers’ Union (DFB).
- Advised Avedon Capital in the acquisition of Hauck Kinderausstattung GmbH, a German manufacturer for baby products and baby toys; the sellers re-invested in the company.
- Advised a US private equity fund in its acquisition of all shares in a US/European OEM from the target company’s founding shareholders (Chicago, IL, USA / Düsseldorf, Germany).
- Advised a US private equity fund in its sale of all shares in a worldwide manufacturer of pyrotechnic marine rescue signaling devices to another private equity fund (Chicago, IL, USA / Düsseldorf, Germany).
- Advised Canadian strategic in its acquisition of all stocks in a subsidiary of a European strategic’s US subsidiary for grids and power plants (Chicago, IL, USA).
- Advised Mitsubishi Corporation and Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation in its acquisition of stocks of HERE International B.V. (Chicago, IL, USA / Düsseldorf, Germany).
- Advised Webhelp SAS, a portfolio company of the American investment company Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P (KKR), on the acquisition of all shares in Sellbytel Group, a leading global provider of outsourcing services, and a complex related management roll-over.
- Advised Avedon Capital in the acquisition of Spindel- und Lagerungstechnik Fraureuth GmbH, a German specialized ball bearings and spindle manufacturer; the sellers, four individual founders, remain invested with a majority stake.
- Advised a US private equity fund in its sale of all shares in a German bank against a portion of shares in a German FinTech.
- Advised the shareholders of VESCON on their sale of shares to Quadriga Capital.
- Advised a German private bank in connection with the intended acquisition of a competitor.
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of Seebach group, the Germany-based provider of metallic filtration solutions, to John Crane, a division of UK-based Smiths Group plc.
- Advised Spearhead Integrated Marketing Communication Group on the acquisition of all shares in Smaato Holding AG from more than 30 sellers situated in the USA, Asia and Europe for a purchase price of up to US$ 148 million.
- Advised WiseTech Global, a leading developer and provider of software solutions to the logistics execution industry globally, on its public tender offer for shares in Softship AG, a leading provider of software solutions and related services to the international liner shipping sector, and subsequently on the squeeze-out of the minority shareholders in Softship AG.
Doctor’s degree (PhD in law, EU Environment law), University of Bonn, 2016
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Higher Regional Court Cologne, Lima, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt a. M., Washington DC, 2014–2016
Research assistant at the Department of Public Law, Bonn, 2012-2014
First State Law Examination
University of Bonn
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Lecturer for the German Bar Association
- German-British Lawyers Association
- Scholarship German National Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)