Stefan Glasmacher is an associate in the Düsseldorf office of Mayer Brown’s Corporate practice. He primarily advises on national and international Corporate/M&A transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and joint ventures, in particular with a regulatory reference. Stefan has extensive work experience combined with a variety of legal publications with a focus on foreign direct investments.
Stefan studied law in Bonn and completed his legal traineeship in Cologne, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Lima and Washington DC with two other major international law firms. Furthermore, he is a lecturer for the German Bar Association. Stefan is a former soccer referee for the German Footballers’ Union (DFB).
- Advised Avedon Capital Partners on the sale of Seebach group, the Germany-based provider of metallic filtration solutions, to John Crane, a division of UK-based Smiths Group plc.
- Advised Webhelp SAS on the acquisition of all shares of the Sellbytel Group.
- Advised Spearhead Integrated Marketing Communication Group on the acquisition of all shares in Smaato Holding AG from more than 30 sellers situated in the USA, Asia and Europe for a purchase price of up to US$ 148 million.
- Advised WiseTech Global, a leading developer and provider of software solutions to the logistics execution industry globally, on its public tender offer for shares in Softship AG, a leading provider of software solutions and related services to the international liner shipping sector, and subsequently on the squeeze-out of the minority shareholders in Softship AG.
Doctor’s degree (PhD in law, EU Environment law), University of Bonn, 2016
Second State Law Examination (bar exam), Düsseldorf, 2016
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat), Higher Regional Court Cologne, Lima, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt a. M., Washington DC, 2014–2016
Research assistant at the Department of Public Law, Bonn, 2012-2014
First State Law Examination, Cologne, 2011
University of Bonn, 2007-2011
- Düsseldorf, Germany
- Lecturer for the German Bar Association
- German-British Lawyers Association
- Scholarship German National Foundation (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes)