Armineh Gharibian is a senior associate in the Frankfurt office of Mayer Brown's Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. She represents national and international clients in both litigious and arbitral matters which include corporate and post M&A disputes, financial disputes as well as commercial, contractual and complex liability cases. Many of the matters she is involved in have an international focus and include questions under European or international Civil Procedure Law. Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2010, Armineh gained experience in the fields of corporate, merger and acquisition transactions and commercial in an international law firm. In addition to German, Armineh speaks Armenian, Farsi and fluent English.
- Advice with regard to a claim for damages in connection with a wind farm project.
- Representation of an arbitration defendant in connection with claims for damages from a plant construction contract under the Rules of Arbitration of the German Institution of Arbitration (DIS).
- Conducting of settlement negotiations with regard to warranty claims in connection with the delivery of a hydraulic gantry crane.
- Collaboration in a lawsuit before a Chinese court (Intermediate People's Court of Shanghai) in connection with claims of a Chinese customer against a German solar company.
- Defense of warranty claims against a German plant manufacturer in connection with the delivery of an industrial plant in an arbitration proceeding under the rules of the China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC).
- Advising in the run-up to post-M&A arbitration proceedings and assertion of indemnification claims arising from a share purchase agreement in connection with violations of US environmental law and investigations by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
- Representation of an Indian defendant in arbitration proceedings under the Rules of Arbitration of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) in connection with claims arising from a letter of comfort.
- Representation of a plaintiff in post-M&A arbitration proceedings in connection with indemnity claims after the acquisition of a company under the DIS Rules.
- Defense against claims for damages brought by investors against U.S. and European rating agencies in connection with ratings of issuers and bonds.
- Representation of an investment bank against a municipal company before the Regional Court of Leipzig and the High Court of Justice in London regarding claims from CDO/CDS swap transactions with a value of more than EUR 300 million including participation in the disclosure proceedings in the English proceedings.
- Representation of financial institutions in connection with the purchase and sale of non-performing loans (so-called NPLs).
- Obtaining injunctions in favor of an automotive supplier in connection with threatened delivery stops and price increases by subcontractors.
Second State Law Examination (bar exam)
Frankfurt am Main, 2009
Legal Clerkship (Referendariat)
Wiesbaden, Frankfurt, Los Angeles, 2007-2009
First State Law Examination
Frankfurt am Main, 2006
University of Frankfurt am Main
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- AmCham – American Chamber of Commerce
- ASA Below 40 - Groupe ASA des Jeunes Praticiens de l'Arbitrage
- DAV - German Lawyers' Association (DAV)
- DAJV - German American Lawyers' Association
- DIS / DIS40 - German Institution of Arbitration and DIS40
- ICC - International Chamber of Commerce
- ICC YAF – ICC Young Arbitrators Forum