Christian Gerhards is an associate in the Real Estate practice in Mayer Brown’s Frankfurt office.
He advises national and international clients on all aspects of real estate law, in particular on real estate transactions and ongoing asset management. One focus of his work lies within the interface with corporate law.
- Advised Borromin on the acquisition of EBERLE Controls GmbH.
- Advised HOERBIGER on the acquisition of JOHNSON MATTHEY Piezo Products GmbH.
- Advised Lear Corporation, a global automotive technology leader in Seating and E-Systems, on the acquisition of I.G. Bauerhin (IGB).
- Advised DBAG on its acquisition of akquinet and two data processing centers.
- Advised Lear Corporation on acquisition of Kongsberg Automotive’s Interior Comfort Systems Business Unit.
- Advised Dow Chemical Company on its participation in Hanseatic Energy Hub GmbH (HEH), the project company for the future LNG terminal at Stade industrial park (Lower Saxony, Germany), near the port of Hamburg. Dow takes a minority stake in HEH and is contributing the land for the construction of the terminal as well as infrastructure services, off-gas heat, site services and mutual harbor use rights. HEH will plan and build an LNG terminal, which is expected to provide regasification capacity of 13,3 billion cubic metres a year from 2026 onwards.
- Advised Joh. Berenberg, Gossler & Co. KG together with Universal-Investment as capital management company on the acquisition of the multi-tenant office property "BELT" in Berlin-Friedrichshain. The property comprises a total lettable are of 8,865 sqm. Seller is a joint venture of the private equity company HighBrook Investors and the asset manager Aerium.
- Advised VALUES.Investment Management on the acquisition of a fully let office building in Hamburg with a total lettable space of approx. 6,000 sqm for the institutional fund "BVK-Values-Immobilienfonds-CBD" managed for the Bayerische Versorgungskammer (BVK).
- Advised Commerz Real AG on the acquisition of a portfolio of four neighborhood developments for its open-ended real estate fund "HausInvest" from the project developer QUARTERBACK Immobilien AG. This includes the developments: "Wohnen am Kulturgleis" in Dresden, "Wohnen am Mönchsberg" in Jena as well as "Krystallpalast-Areal" and "Eliseneck" in Leipzig. After completion of the properties, it is expected that around 650 apartments, a hotel with 282 rooms and around 20,000 sqm of commercial space will have been newly developed.
- Advised DIC Asset AG on the acquisition of three office properties from the Cologne "TechnologiePark portfolio" from TPG Real Estate Partners for more than EUR 250 million. The three office buildings comprise a total lettable area of around 60,000 sqm which are leased on a long-term basis to renowned public sector institutions.
- Advised Greenman Investments on the acquisition of a fully let retail park in Sonneberg with a total lettable area of approx. 33.000 sqm for its Greenman OPEN-Fund. Anchor tenant of the property is EDEKA.
- Advised CAIROS Group on the sale of the "Opernpalais" in Frankfurt am Main. The property is part of the office and retail complex "Die Welle" and is fully let to the private bank "Julius Bär".
- Advised Aspera Capital Management Ltd on the sale of a long-established health center with a total lettable area of around 7,000 sqm in Waiblingen to Captiva. Main tenant of the property is the Waiblingen Central Clinic.
- Advised VALUES. Institutional Invest GmbH on the acquisition of a core property in München-Bogenhausen for its VALUES Public Sector Fund. The property comprises a total lettable area of approx. 8,500 sqm. Main tenant is the Free State of Bavaria.
- Advised QUEST Investment Partners on the acquisition of the former Deutsche Bahn headquarters in Frankfurt for a fund of funds of a professional pension fund. The purchase is being made via a newly established special AIF, which INTREAL manages as a service KVG. The previous owner is the closed-end public fund Hesse Newman Real Estate No. 3, managed by QUEST Funds, for which QUEST is modernizing the striking property and re-letting the space of approx. 51,000 sqm.
- Advised on the (indirect) acquisition of the Mercedes-Benz-Center located in Cologne for its own portfolio. The flagship property was built in 2006 for sole tenant Daimler AG and comprises approx. 34.600 sqm of rental space. The total investment costs for the architecturally and qualitatively high-grade property are approx.
- Advising on the acquisition of a fully leased office complex at Düsseldorf's main train station with a rental area of approx. 9,800 sqm for a professional pension fund. The main tenant is the city of Düsseldorf with its education administration. The seller is Meag.
- Advised INTOWN Property Group in relation to a 43,000 sqm lease agreement entered into with Deutsche Bundesbank with respect to all floors of the Frankfurt located landmark building Frankfurt Büro Center (FBC). This mandate was one of the largest lease agreements in the Frankfurt banking district.
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany