Nate is a partner in our Global Projects group and concentrates on project finance and project development. He regularly represents lenders, government and multilateral agencies, investors, owners, developers and contractors in various facets of the financing and development of complex projects. He has experience in a wide variety of sectors, including energy (coal, gas, wind and solar), oil and gas (petrochemicals, pipelines, storage, and other facilities), infrastructure (ports, transportation, stadiums and other facilities), and other complex construction projects.
Nate has worked on transactions around the globe with significant experience in emerging industries or markets in North America, the Caribbean, Latin America, Middle East / North Africa (MENA), and Asia.
Nate’s experience includes preparation and negotiation of a wide range of financing documentation, security documentation, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements, professional services agreements, equipment sale/purchase agreements, warranty agreements, operations and maintenance agreements, and joint development agreements, among others.
Nate has represented clients in many significant transactions, including the following:
- Representing government-affiliated lenders from in connection with a $10.5 billion dollar petrochemical project in Egypt.
- Representing a government authority in connection with construction and project development matters for the $5.25 billion Panama Canal Expansion Project.
- Representing manufacturers, contractors, owners, lenders, and investors for renewable energy (wind and solar) power projects totaling more than 6000 MW.
- Representing an export credit agency as lead credit provider to a $650 million petrochemical project in Egypt.
- Representing an export credit agency in connection with multiple power projects in Asia, including the $2.5 billion Paiton I and $1.7 billion Jawa (Paiton II) power projects in Indonesia.
- Representing three multilateral financing institutions and an export credit agency in the La Ventosa-La Mata wind power project in Mexico.
- Representing a government-affiliated lender in connection with the financing of a maritime export terminal in Egypt.
- Representing a power producer in connection with the construction and operation of wind power projects in the Caribbean.
- Representing a power producer in the repowering and expansion of a power project in the Caribbean.
- Representing a power producer in connection with the construction of a 250 MW power project in the Dominican Republic.
- Representing a power producer in connection with operations and usage agreements in connection with mining and power projects in the Dominican Republic.
- Representing a power producer in connection with the development and construction of a solar power / gas power integrated project in the Dominican Republic.
- Representing a multinational company in connection with a post-transitional government-sponsored power project in Afghanistan.
- Representing a multinational company in connection with a high altitude power project in Chile.
- Representing a multinational company in connection with the development of hybrid solar/gas power plant packages.
- Representing a multinational company in connection with the development of power projects in Brazil.
- Representing the lead lender in connection with a proton therapy health care project financing in the US.
- Representing the developer in connection with a $100 million casino expansion in the US.
Harvard Law School, JD, cum laudeManaging Editor, Harvard International Law Journal
Georgetown University, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, MAGES
Georgetown University, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, BSFS, magna cum laudePhi Beta Kappa
- New York