Sean Flores is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Los Angeles office and a member of the Litigation & Dispute Resolution practice. He represents and advises employers in a variety of complex labor and employment matters, including wage and hour litigation, employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims. His litigation experience includes claims arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), and other federal, state and local employment laws.
- Defense of a large public university system against claims of sex discrimination and pregnancy discrimination.
- Defense of a California public agency against claims of sex discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
- Defense of a California public agency against claims of associational discrimination under the FMLA.
- Investigation of allegations of race and sexual harassment against managers at California public agency.
- Developing and revising employee handbooks and policies to stay up-to-date with California’s rapidly changing labor and employment laws.
- Preparing Notices of Intent to Discipline to issue to represented public employees.
University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, JD
Chief Comments Editor, UCLA Law Review
University of California, Berkeley, BA