Heather Feingold advises clients on energy regulatory matters, including generating company and investor transactional and compliance activities before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Working closely with colleagues in the firm’s Global Projects and Infrastructure practices, Heather counsels on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, power sale authorizations, project company and investor reporting requirements, and transaction planning matters. She has worked on dozens of electric-sector investment matters, including acquisitions and dispositions of generators in the solar, wind, gas, cogeneration, and other fuel classes. Heather supports both portfolio-wide and individual generating company FERC periodic reauthorization proceedings.
Heather is ranked for Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation) by Chambers. She is also a member of the Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Heather was counsel at another international law firm and worked for a Washington DC energy trade association.
Clients served by Heather include Ares Management Corporation, KKR, Northern Star Generation LLC, and the Astoria Energy project companies in New York.
Energy regulatory counsel to:
- Ares EIF Management LLC, the manager of leading electricity and gas private equity funds.
- KKR and its Global Atlantic Financial Group portfolio of generating companies.
- Astoria Energy project companies in New York.
- Financial and institutional creditors and noteholders of over 50 generating companies and holding companies in connection with workout and restructuring matters.
- ENGIE on $1 billion acquisition of battery storage business.
Fordham University School of Law, JD
Tufts University, BA, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Ranked, Energy: Electricity (Regulatory & Litigation) – USA, Chambers Global
- Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll