Sheena Frazer is Counsel in the London office of Mayer Brown’s Restructuring, Bankruptcy & Insolvency practice. She represents a range of clients, including banks, central banks, funds, insolvency officeholders and directors on a mixture of cross border, contentious and transactional restructuring assignments. In recent mandates, Sheena has advised in the aviation, financial services and construction sectors.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown:
- Represented multiple limited partner advisory committees (comprising several leading international development banks, a US based investment bank and a US private investment firm) of funds held by Abraaj (the largest private equity firm in the Middle East) in relation to contentious and non-contentious contingency planning following the liquidation of the Cayman Island registered fund manager and its parent.
- Representing UK subsidiaries of Bristow Holdings Inc. (a NYSE listed aviation company) which delivers search and rescue operations on behalf of the UK’s Maritime and Coastguard Agency in relation to its recent US Bankruptcy Code, Chapter 11 restructuring. This included engagement with various stakeholders including UK government bodies and advising one of the UK subsidiaries on the sale of its airline business.
- Representing the liquidators of Joannou & Paraskevaides (Overseas), a construction group with operations across the Middle East, Europe and North Africa.
- Advising 200+ boards of the Carillion Group (a UK-based multinational global facilities management and construction services group) to facilitate an orderly wind down after the LSE listed parent went into liquidation.
- Advising a leading European development bank on a project to assist the Ministry of Justice of a European country on reforming its insolvency law regime.
- Advising a global NYSE listed real estate services firm on a multi-jurisdictional rationalisation following a US$2bn merger in various EMEA jurisdictions.
- Advising the Central Bank of Cyprus in the resolution of Tanzania’s FBME Bank (Cyprus branch) following regulatory action by the US Department of Treasury’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) relating to money-laundering and terror-financing allegations.
- Advising sell-side on a c.€150m portfolio of NPLs and related professional negligence claims (Project Hurst).
- Advising an international investment bank regarding swap priority arrangements relating to an international and complex securitisation structure of companies operating nursing homes.
- Advising an international investment bank on the enforcement of rights of a c.€900 million multi-tiered mortgage and mezzanine financing secured by a portfolio of office properties located in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium.
- Representing the administrators of Lexi Holdings Plc. a UK company in substantial investigations and consequent cross-border litigation arising from a fraud perpetrated against the company by its directors. This included over 15 reported judgments in the High Courts and Court of Appeal as well as local court litigation in Spain, Greece, Portugal, France and Pakistan.
College of Law, London, LPC
London School of Economics (LSE), LLM
University of Warwick, LLB
- England and Wales
- New York