Laura Franklin is an associate in Mayer Brown's New York office and a member of the Real Estate practice. She focuses her practice on real estate acquisitions and sales, leasing, as well as complex real estate financing transactions.
Laura routinely represents institutional owners and public and private companies in the ownership and leasing of Class A office buildings. She also represents office, retail and telecommunications tenants, and helps her clients negotiate and draft effective leases and understand all of their implications.
- Represented institutional owners and private companies in the development, leasing and management of Class A office buildings.
- Represented financial services company in leasing of its New York City headquarters.
- Represented leading global media company in leasing of telecommunications facilities throughout the United States.
- Represented private developer in $145 million refinancing of Class A office building in New York City.
- Represented leading single-tenant real estate investment and asset management company in acquisition, financing and disposition of luxury hotel in Waikiki, Hawaii.
- Represented private company in acquisition and financing of industrial property in Detroit, Michigan.
- Represented private developer in modification of construction loan and $97 million permanent financing of landmarked office building in New York City.
- Represented real estate investment company in acquisition and financing of office buildings throughout the United States.
- Represented joint venture in $83 million sale of New York City office building.
- Represented European quick-serve restaurant in leasing of its first United States locations.
- Represented commercial banks in leasing of office and retail branch locations.
Providence College, BA, summa cum laude
St. John's University School of Law, JD, cum laude,
Associate Managing Editor, St. John’s Law Review
- New York