George Fisher is a senior associate in the Construction & Engineering Group and International Arbitration Practice. His main focus is on contentious construction matters and in particular infrastructure projects and international arbitration. He also has a particular interest in renewable energy.
George has worked on various high profile and complex cases under different arbitration rules including ICC and LCIA. He has also worked on matters before the High Court. He has extensive experience of drafting pleadings, expert reports and witness statements and has attended numerous hearings both domestically and internationally.
- Acting for the Employer in relation to a multi-billion dollar series of claims arising from a major infrastructure project in Central America, including:
- $800 million claim in respect of certain advance payments and associated security;
- $1.2 billion delay and disruption claim;
- $500 million claim in relation to concrete production;
- $350 million claim in respect of major mechanical components of the project; and
- $200 million claim in respect of temporary structures.
- Providing advice to leading UK energy company regarding issues arising out of the construction of a large offshore wind farm.
- Acting for a Spanish contractor in relation to arbitration proceedings concerning the development of a solar power plant in North Africa.
- Acting for a UK energy company in relation to arbitration proceedings against the main contractor for the development of an offshore wind farm.
- Acting for a major international contractor in arbitration proceedings relating to alleged defects in the construction of an offshore wind farm.
- Advising a consortium of high profile banks in relation to the financing of the £105 million acquisition of the Walney 1 Offshore Wind Farm.
- Advising Middle Eastern client in relation to the development of a combined cycle power plant in Saudi Arabia.
- Acting for a major international contractor in relation to defending potential claims for defective work by the developer of a Middle-Eastern airport hub.
BPP Law School, Accelerated LPC
BPP Law School, General Diploma in Law
University of Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MA Classics
- England and Wales