"...pragmatic approach...his 'good business sense stands alongside an extensive knowledge of structural antitrust issues.'"Chambers USA 2006
Robert Finke has a practice that emphasizes antitrust counseling and litigation; general commercial litigation; and corporate matters. He is viewed as "a smart and thorough lawyer who gives sage advice " (Chambers USA 2007).
Bob has extensive litigation experience in both civil and criminal investigations and trials, involving antitrust, financing and financial institutions, toxic torts and mass disasters, product liability (automotive, chemical, and manufacturing), and general commercial contract and business matters. His experience also extends to the management of complex litigation, the proper use of outside counsel, and alternate dispute resolution.
Additionally, Bob represents and counsels businesses on the antitrust aspects of acquisitions and mergers; lender liability; work-outs and restructurings; distribution; pricing; and employee confidentiality, trade secret, and non-competition agreements. He joined Mayer Brown in 1967.
Its Common Law Bases and Their Application to Failed LBOs.
Harvard Law School, JD
University of Michigan, AB, with distinction and high honors
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Supreme Court
- Trustee, Rush University Medical Center
- Director, Lyric Opera Guild Board
- Director, Chicago Botanic Garden
- Director, Windy City Harvest
- American Bar Association, Vice-Chairman, 1976, Council, 1971-1975, Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar; Member, Sections of Business, Antitrust, and Litigation; Committee on Corporate Counsel
- Economic Club of Chicago
- Lawyers Club of Chicago
- University Club of Chicago