- Represented the controllers of a major Brazilian telecommunication company against their foreign partner in a dispute for control of the company in international arbitration and related court proceedings.
- Represented one of the controlling shareholders of a major Brazilian mining company in a dispute against a minority shareholder in arbitration concerning a dispute over the ownership of company shares.
- Represented a major Spanish energy company in a dispute arising out of the acquisition of a sugar-ethanol business in Brazil in international arbitration and court proceedings.
- Represented a major international shopping centre development and management group in arbitration concerning the construction of a shopping centre in Brazil.
- Represented a foreign bank against its Brazilian partners in a brokerage firm (DTVM) in international arbitration related to the selling price of the brokerage firm shares pursuant to a call option.
- Represented the controller of a major Brazilian telecommunication company in a dispute against minority shareholders in court proceedings in which it was claimed a billionaire compensation against the controller.
- Represented a major Brazilian mining company in several court proceedings.
- Represented Brazilian insurance companies and banks in several court proceedings.
- Advised foreign States in international law matters involving boundary disputes, international treaties for the protection of foreign investments, oil & gas production sharing agreement, and in the establishment of a joint development zone for the exploitation of maritime oil & gas recourses.
University of London, PhD, Queen Mary College, School of International Arbitration
University of Dundee, Centre for Energy, Petroleum and Mineral Law and Policy, LLM, in International Dispute Resolution and Management
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), LLB
Universität Wien, Austria, Specialization Diploma in the Law of International Relations
- Member, Brazilian Arbitration Committee (CBAr) – Director of the Investment Arbitration Group.
- Member, Brazilian Bar Association.
- "Experienced litigators and arbitrators Gustavo Fernandes and Roberto Figueiredo." Chambers Latin America 2018 - Litigation
- "Experienced litigator...and arbitrator..." Latin Lawyer 250 2016