Dicéa Ferraz is an associate in the Corporate and M&A practice of Tauil & Chequer Advogados in the São Paulo office. She focuses her practice in advising domestic and foreign companies on the development of projects, merger and acquisition operations and business transactions in Brazil. She has vast experience in the corporate area, having worked in several merger, acquisition and restructuring processes.
Dicéa began her career as a trainee in the offices of Motta, Fernandes Rocha Advogados, from 2008 to 2009. In 2009, she joined Campos Mello Advogados, where she worked as a trainee and associate. In 2014, she joined Trench, Rossi and Watanabe Advogados. In 2016, she joined Tauil & Chequer Advogados in association with Mayer Brown.
- Assisted several multinational companies in the day-to-day corporate and contractual aspects of their investment vehicles in Brazil, including O&G, energy, hospitality and concessions companies, among others.
- Assisted Italian infrastructure group Atlantia and its Brazilian subsidiary Autostrade Concessões e Participações Brasil in contractual, corporate and tax matters related to the creation of a USD 3.3 billion joint venture with the Bertin Group, AB Concessões SA. (One of the largest operations in the Brazilian infrastructure sector, 2012-2013).
- Represented two assets in the constitution and maintenance of several investment funds in Brazil.
- Represented a Swiss company in the acquisition of 100% of a company in the field of energy and automation technologies in several states of Brazil (2014).
- Represented a multinational of the O&G (downstream) industry in the corporate reorganization of the group in Brazil.
- Represented an Italian multinational of the coffee industry in the acquisition of 100% of a group of coffee companies in Brazil (2015).
- Represented Petrobras in the sale of 50% of one of its biodiesel assets as part of its divestment plan (2015).
- Represented State Grid Brazil Holding, a subsidiary of China's State Grid Corporation, an electric power transmission company, in the acquisition of seven national power transmission companies owned by Spanish and Portuguese companies, at a cost of USD 989 million (2015).
- Assisted a group of investors interested in the acquisition of a stake held by OAS in INVEPAR, within the scope of the OAS Judicial Recovery (2016).
Pro Bono Work
- The Nature Conservancy/TNC (world leader in nature conservation): legal advice regarding the evaluation of potential investments in targets or projects by TNC (Brazil). The scope of the work consisted mainly of due diligence (corporate, tax, labor, social security, real estate, contracts, etc.) and the issuance of the respective due diligence reports in relation to the targets and/or related projects.
- Il Sorriso dei miei bimbi (An NGO active in the area of child and youth education in Rocinha, the largest favela in South America, with support actions against poverty and neglect): ongoing legal advice on corporate matters (drafting amendments to the bylaws and other related documents to meet legal and investor requirements).
- Centro Social de Educação e Cultura da Rocinha (NGOs supporting the education of disadvantaged children living in the Rocinha region): ongoing legal advice on corporate matters (drafting amendments to the bylaws and other related documents to comply with legal requirements).
Pontifical Catholic University PUC/RJ, Real Estate Law
Fundação Getúlio Vargas, Specialization in Tax Law
Brazilian Institute of Capital Markets - IBMEC-RJ, LLM
Pontifical Catholic University PUC/RJ, Bachelor of Law