Déborah Faure is an associate in the Competition practice of the Brussels office.
Since joining Mayer Brown in 2016, she advises and represents clients in complex merger control, antitrust and state aid proceedings before EU Institutions and national competition authorities. Déborah also helps clients on distribution related issues, and regularly provides antitrust compliance advice and training to companies and trade associations.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Déborah gained experience in major law firms in Paris and Brussels and completed a traineeship at the European Commission, DG Competition.
Déborah is fluent in French, English and Polish. She also has a working knowledge of Spanish.
- Advising Global Houghton in the EU Commission’s Houghton/Quaker merger investigation resulting in a remedy clearance
- Representing international food/agricultural company Cargill in various merger notifications before the EU Commission and national authorities
- Advising companies on complex multi-jurisdictional merger control notifications and jurisdictional questions
- Representing the complainant in relation to a state aid complaint in the railway sector leading to the opening of a formal investigation
- Assisting a company active in the beer sector with a private damages action
- Regularly advising companies on vertical and distribution issues as well as on co-operation with competitors
- Providing regular antitrust compliance advice to companies and trade association in a range of sectors (e.g. chemicals, food, consumer goods, commodities, energy, transport), including in relation to standard-setting initiatives, trading platforms, statistics and membership rules
- Drafting an EU legislative proposal on behalf of a major motorway operator in the transport sector
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, Master II
University of Cambridge, LLM