Xin Fang is a counsel of Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice. Xin advises on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions with a focus on Greater China and the Asia Pacific region. She also negotiates, drafts and advises on joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, share purchase agreements and business transfer agreements as well as all matters of corporate and commercial law.
- Advised the shipping finance platform of a SOE on the formation of a joint venture with a Singaporean shipping company. The joint venture will own 16 new ships.
- Advised the shipping finance platform of a SOE on the formation of a joint venture with a Scandinavian shipping company. The joint venture will own at least 4 new ships.
- Advised a leading global consumer goods manufacturer on the disposal of the China manufacturing and distribution business of one of its internationally renowned food brands. This disposal is part of a global transaction with total cash consideration of $700 million. We advised on corporate and competition law matters of the deal.
- Advised Ascott Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of CapitaLand, on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Excel Chance International Limited, which owned a site in Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, and operated a boutique hotel, The Mercer, in Sheung Wan.
- Advised a consortium led by a world-renowned hotel/serviced apartment operator on investing in a Chinese online apartment sharing platform.
- Advised a multi-national corporation in disposing its assets and business of a branded product line in China, which forms a part of its global disposition of the branded product line. The total consideration of the transaction is US$700 million.
- Advised a world renowned financial institution in its acquisition of a minority interest in a prominent bank in Shanghai.
- Advised Rexam for the sale of its personal care business for a total consideration of US$709 million. The transaction involved 10 jurisdictions across 4 continents.
- Advised a major Hong Kong-based private equity company in the establishment of a joint venture with an Italian fashion brand, for the development of the brand's business in Greater China.
- Advised a sovereign wealth fund on its joint venture with a leading PRC developer in the PRC real estate sector. This deal, valued at US$790 million, involved the (i) joint bidding for land parcels designated for the construction of mixed use residential and commercial buildings and (ii) on-going management of the real estate project.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned conglomerate on its US$1 billion global debt offering comprising of two tranches of US dollar denominated, investment grade bonds: US$600 million in 10-year notes bearing a 5% interest coupon and US$400 million in 30-year notes bearing a 6.375% interest coupon.
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
University of Cambridge, Master of Corporate Law
- Hong Kong