Xin Fang is a counsel of Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice. Xin advises on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions with a focus on Greater China and the Asia Pacific region. She also negotiates, drafts and advises on joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements, share purchase agreements and business transfer agreements as well as all matters of corporate and commercial law.
She speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Advised a world leading biotech company, which was a member of a Chinese SoE, on the establishment of a JV with a Shenzhen listed company under the same parent group, and another Shanghai listed company under its parent group’s peer group. This matter also involves comprehensive structuring and compliance issues.
- Advised a leading global consumer goods manufacturer on the disposal of the China manufacturing and distribution business of one of its internationally renowned food brands. This disposal is part of a global transaction with total cash consideration of $700 million. We advised on corporate and competition law matters of the deal.
- Advised an international private equity group on its indirect acquisition of a distribution business in China. The distribution business operates the distribution of the branded products in China on an exclusive basis. The private equity group will initially indirectly acquire 51% of the target distribution business, and has an option to acquire the remaining 49% of the target distribution business.
- Advised Rexam for the sale of its personal care business for a total consideration of US$709 million. The transaction involved 10 jurisdictions across 4 continents.
- Advised a major Hong Kong-based private equity company in the establishment of a joint venture with an Italian fashion brand, for the development of the brand's business in Greater China.
- Advised a strategy investment fund based in Hong Kong on the restructuring, joint venture and acquisition of a company focused on the manufacturing and distribution of bioactive botanical extract ingredients in China and the US.
- Advised a prominent Japanese corporation on the purchase of a minority stake in Hong Kong joint venture focusing on measuring instruments and metrological technology.
- Advised a manufacturing group on the disposal and reorganisation of its Chinese manufacturing business.
- Advised a sovereign wealth fund on its joint venture with a leading PRC developer in the PRC real estate sector. This deal, valued at US$790 million, involved the (i) joint bidding for land parcels designated for the construction of mixed use residential and commercial buildings and (ii) on-going management of the real estate project.
- Advised a listed real estate group on the acquisition, through a joint venture, of a Grade-A office building complex in Shanghai.
- Advised a listed real estate group on the HK$4 billion buyout of a minority stake in a property portfolio company holding properties in China.
- Advised Ascott Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of CapitaLand, on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Excel Chance International Limited, which owned a site in Sheung Wan, Hong Kong, and operated a boutique hotel, The Mercer, in Sheung Wan.
- Advised a consortium led by a world-renowned hotel/serviced apartment operator on investing in a Chinese online apartment sharing platform.
- Advised a conglomerate listed group in Hong Kong with substantial PRC background to acquire several port businesses in various provinces of Australia from a prominent Australian listed company.
- Advised a publicly-listed ship leasing company on its minority invest in a joint venture with a Hong Kong shipping company. The joint venture will acquire 30 vessels.
- Advised the shipping finance platform of a SOE on the formation of a joint venture with a Singaporean shipping company. The joint venture will own 16 new ships.
- Advised the shipping finance platform of a SOE on the formation of a joint venture with a Scandinavian shipping company. The joint venture will own at least 4 new ships.
- Advised a world renowned financial institution in its acquisition of a minority interest in a prominent bank in Shanghai.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned conglomerate on its US$1 billion global debt offering comprising of two tranches of US dollar denominated, investment grade bonds: US$600 million in 10-year notes bearing a 5% interest coupon and US$400 million in 30-year notes bearing a 6.375% interest coupon.
University of Cambridge, Master of Corporate Law
The University of Hong Kong, PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB
- Hong Kong