Ricardo Falcon is an associate in Mayer Brown’s Corporate & Securities practice based in Houston. His practice focuses on private equity corporate transactions, including financings, mergers and acquisitions, and on energy project development, with an emphasis on Latin America. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Ricardo worked in the Miami office of a leading international New York law firm, concentrating his practice on cross-border corporate and transactional matters.
He also served as in-house counsel for one of the largest steel industry conglomerates in Latin America. In this capacity, he served in Venezuela and Colombia and had responsibility for long-term agreements for the procurement of raw materials and services, agreements for the supply of oil well goods, field services and joint ventures in Central America, South America and the Caribbean, as well as other corporate and regulatory matters.
Ricardo earned his JD and LLM degrees from University of Pennsylvania Law School and served as International Editor of the University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law. He also earned a MSc in Regulation from the London School of Economics and Political Science and a Bachelor of Laws degree (Abogado) from Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (Caracas, Venezuela).
- Currently representing an international mining and heavy industries conglomerate in entering into a joint venture in connection with a lithium mining project in Argentina.
- Currently assisting a U.S. trading and logistics company in coordinating a competitive process for the disposition of its South America fuel distribution business.
- Represented a Mexican mining conglomerate, in connection with its entering into a USD 300 million senior unsecured syndicated credit facility.
- Assisted Envestnet, a leading provider of intelligent systems for wealth management and financial wellness, on its acquisition of PIEtech, Inc., the creator of the a family of financial planning applications for USD 295 million in cash and USD 205 million of Envestnet common stock.
- Represented Arroyo Energy Investors and certain affiliates on the purchase from affiliates of The Pattern Energy Group LP and Pattern Energy Group Inc. of their renewable energy project portfolio in Chile, including an 81 MW interest in the 115 MW El Arrayán wind farm and all of the equity interest of the 104MW AC Conejo solar project.
- Represented the U.S. operating subsidiary of a Mexican private O&G company as borrower in entering into a USD 250 million Reserve Based Loan (RBL) Credit Facility to finance its U.S. operations.
- Assisted Maritime Holdings (Delaware) LLC by coordinating its global corporate reorganization in preparation for the formation of ZEAMARINE, a joint venture company with ZEABORN Chartering GmbH & Co., with a fleet of more than 85 vessels at launch and plans to increase this to exceed 100 vessels by year-end.
- Represented a leading Central American business group in its follow-on acquisition of remaining shares held by minority shareholders in a Central American sugar mill.
- Represented a leading U.S. telecommunications infrastructure company in the renegotiation of its wireless infrastructure master lease agreements and build-to-suit agreements with several Mexican mobile service providers.
- Represented Credit Suisse AG, Cayman Islands Branch as lead arranger in a USD 150 million senior secured term loan facility to Softtek Integration Systems, Inc.
- Represented Republic of Paraguay in its Rule 144A/Reg S USD 500 million debt offering of 4.7% bonds due 2027.
- Assisted with contractual due diligence for several other M&A transactions.
Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Law Degree (Abogado)
The London School of Economics and Political Science, MSc, Regulation (Financial and Commercial Regulation)
University of Pennsylvania Law School, JDInternational Editor, The University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Law