James Evelegh is an associate in the Corporate & Securities practice of the London office. He has a wide range of experience advising on private equity and private M&A transactions, covering both domestic and cross-border acquisitions and disposals. He has also advised private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies on a number of matters throughout the lifecycle of an investment, including corporate reorganisations and restructurings.
Prior to joining Mayer Brown in 2022, James was an associate in the private equity team of a major US firm.
- Acting for Bridgepoint Development Capital on its investment in SportPursuit to create a distribution channel with access to an audience of over 24 million sports and outdoor enthusiasts.
- Acting for Lone Star Funds on (i) the €5.2 billion sale of MBCC Group to Sika AG and (ii) the sale of Stark Group to CVC.*
- Acting for Sun European Partners on its acquisition of Sports & Leisure Group.*
- Acting for Cobham on the carve-out and sale of its aviation services division to Draken International.*
- Acting for Kantar (a portfolio company of Bain Capital) on the carve-out and sale of its Health division to Cerner Corporation.*
- Acting for M&G Catalyst on its investment in Plastic Energy.*
- Acting for Howden Group on the acquisition of A-Plan Group.*
- Acting for Ardian on its sale of Envision Pharma to GHO Capital.*
- Acting for Aleph Capital and Crestview Partners on the simultaneous acquisitions and merger of Framestore and Company 3 / Method.*
- Acting for Aareon (a portfolio company of Advent International) on the acquisitions of Fixflo and Tilt Property Software.*
- Acting for Hornetsecurity (a portfolio company of PSG) on the acquisition of Altaro.*
- Acting for Duke Street on the acquisition of Great Rail Journeys, the world’s leading provider of escorted rail journeys.*
- Acting for Silverfleet Capital on the acquisition of Riviera Travel, a leading specialist holiday operator of European escorted tours and cruises.*
- Acting for Baring Private Equity Asia on the US$1 billion+ acquisition of Lumenis, the Israeli-headquartered global leader in the field of minimally-invasive clinical solutions for the aesthetic, surgical and ophthalmology specialties.*
- Acting for Arsenal Capital Partners on the acquisition of BresMed, a UK headquartered health economics and outcomes research consultancy providing health economic solutions to the global pharmaceutical industry.*
- Acting for Bain Capital on its acquisition of the Zellis group, a UK payroll and HR software provider.*
- Acting for Epiris on its acquisition of Diamorph AB (publ), a supplier of advanced material solutions.*
- Acting for Avenue Capital on its sale of Hawthorn Leisure to NewRiver, a chain of managed and tenanted pubs in the UK.*
* experience gained prior to joining Mayer Brown
BPP University Law School, GDL and LPC
University of Edinburgh, MA (Hons) History
- England and Wales